Welcome To The Uranium General Discussion Forum On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Interesting rebuttal, and definitely gives food for thought. I wonder about generalizing U.S. electricity solutions to the world at large. I also think that the U.S. is at a pivotal moment, facing some tough energy decisions, and attitudes may change in the coming decade.

I have reervations about natural gas, having invested and lost money in it in the past. First of all, it is nowhere near as portable as uramium, so the market is pretty much saturated unless a lot of capital for new pipelines and infrastructure happens globally.

For example, despite the lowest official nat gas prices in a long time, it still costs as much to heat withi it as heating oil here. I'm sure that in places where it is readily accessible, it is cheaper, but nat gas has already captured that market.

Natural gas figures and BOE estimates are completely unreliable. I regard all of the ones I see on various fields as suspect, because time and again I have seen feilds that were supposed to produce for many more years, and have millions more of barrels, collapse overnight. Most of the natural gas companies out there have no more idea how much natural gas they will actually pump out than I do, but it surely does sound good when they add more zeros to their reserves.

Coal, on the other hand, is something I have lost out on by not respecting as I should.

New Message
Please login to post a reply