oil & gas and minerals

Internationally diversified resource company.

Free

Phase I Recon West Nile Completed

posted on Jul 30, 2008 10:39AM

Phase I Recon West Nile Completed

VANCOUVER, BC, Jul 30, 2008 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX News Network) --

Vangold Resources Ltd. ("Vangold") (TSX-V: VAN) is pleased to announce the completion of Phase I reconnaissance work on West Nile Project in Uganda. Vangold's wholly owned 9 licenses, totaling approximately 400 square kilometers, are located in the northwest of Uganda in the districts of Arua and Nebbi. The program is being supervised by Danae Voormeij, P.Geo and VP Exploration for Vangold, and consists of a team of national geologists and local laborers.

Phase I consisted of reconnaissance work including prospecting, geological mapping and sampling across the 9 licenses. A total of 200 samples have been collected, of which 33 samples from a highly prospective zone that extends approximately 3km by 500m, trending roughly north-south and is likely a shear zone. This zone is located entirely within Vangold's license and is hosted within Kibalian-type metavolcanics and metasediments, which in the adjacent northeastern DRC are host to the multimillion ounce deposits of the Kilo-Moto Goldfields. Ms. Voormeij believes this indicates a geological continuity of the Kilo-Moto Kibalian greenstone belt within Uganda.

Tightly folded banded ironstones and itabirites (ferruginous grits), graphitic schists, argillic altered mudstones and siltstones occur in contact with a large amphibolite body and are cut by cataclastic and saccharoidal quartz veins, rich in Fe-Ox and in some cases contain interstitial bornite. Magnetite destruction is evident in the itabirites in places where quartz veins are found. Black quartz was encountered in numerous outcrops, which is interesting in that the most important vein that was mined at Kilo zone was a vein of black quartz.

The people in the districts of Arua and Nebbi are friendly and curious and welcome development. Local officials have been extremely helpful in guiding the Vangold team around the villages and explaining the exploration work to the locals. In Arua most of the land is cultivated and in Nebbi approximately 20 percent of the land is cultivated.

The samples have been dropped off at the SGS prep lab in Entebbe and will be shipped directly to the SGS lab in Mwanza, Tanzania, where they will be analyzed for Au, Cu and As. Turnaround time is expected to be 1-2 months. Results from Phase I will determine the focus for Phase II, which will consist of detailed soil grids, trenching and further mapping to define drill targets.

Dal Brynelsen, President and CEO of Vangold Resources Ltd., states "the discovery of Kibalian rocks in Uganda is what we had hoped for in the West Nile Project and we eagerly await assay results."

To find out more about Vangold Resources Ltd. please visit our website at www.vangold.ca or contact Dal Brynelsen at 604-684-1974 or by email [email protected].

On Behalf of the Board of

VANGOLD RESOURCES LTD.

"Dal Brynelsen"

Dal Brynelsen, President and CEO

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of the content of this news release.

Distributed by Filing Services Canada and retransmitted by Marketwire

Vangold Resources Ltd. Suite 1730 650 West Georgia Street P.O. Box 11622 Vancouver, BC, V6B 4N9 Phone: 604-684-1974 Fax: 604-685-5970 www.vangold.ca

SOURCE: Vangold Resources Ltd.

http://www.vangold.ca

Copyright 2008 Market Wire, All rights reserved.

New Message
Please login to post a reply