Société d'exploration minière Vior Inc.

Douay West project, Matagami, Quebec - 4.3m oz Gold

Free

I don't know about the rest of you, but it's hard for me to guage the significance of the Duouay project (and by extension VIOR's 44% stake) in the industry. Below is an excerpt from a news release from Midland Exploration that is using the Douay project as a benchmark for how big Midland's nearby deposit could be. To me this speaks volumes as to the size and importance of the Douay project...Chi

Midland Adds Several Gold Showings to Its Portfolio With the Acquisition of Its New Valmond Property

MONTREAL, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - Sept. 8, 2011) - Midland Exploration Inc. ("Midland") (TSX VENTURE:MD) is pleased to announce the acquisition by map designation of a new property with strong gold potential, which hosts, over more than 10 kilometres strike length, several gold showings with historical drill intercepts. The Valmond Property is located about 50 kilometres west of Matagami and consists of 76 map-designated cells covering a surface area of about 42 square kilometres, in the Abitibi region of Quebec. The Douay gold deposit, which hosts 1.885 million gold ounces in inferred resources and 265,000 gold ounces in indicated and measured resources (Source: NI 43-101 Report; S.E.M. Vior Inc. website) and the Vezza gold deposit, where indicated and measured resources are estimated at 320,900 gold ounces, with 102,100 gold ounces in inferred resources (Source: North American Palladium Ltd press release dated July 12, 2011), are respectively located about 8 kilometres south and 30 kilometres southeast of the Valmond Property. Further west, the former Selbaie mine, with a historical production of 47.3 million tonnes grading 1.92% Zn, 0.98% Cu, 40.6 g/t Ag, and 0.6 g/t Au, is located about 35 kilometres from the property.

Based on a regional compilation of previous work in this area, Midland acquired two strategic blocks that host several historical gold occurrences for which the strike extensions have seen very little drill-testing. These showings occur over a strike length of more than 10 kilometres, near a NW-SE-trending regional ductile structure interpreted as the potential southeast extension of the major Massicotte deformation zone. On Valmond, this NW-SE structure lies between the major Sunday Lake and Casa Berardi deformation zones. The geological setting in this area is characterized by an assemblage of mafic rocks, dacitic tuffs, wackes and conglomerates of the Taibi Group.

New Message
Please login to post a reply