Ontario, British Columbia & Minnesota

Developing nickel, copper and platinum group element ("PGE") deposits.

Free
Message: Wallbridge Commences Initial Drilling Program at Beschefer

2018-11-27 10:15:00 AM ET (CNW Group)

Wallbridge Mining Company Limited (TSX:WM, FWB: WC7) ("Wallbridge" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has commenced drilling at its recently-optioned Beschefer property ("Beschefer" or "Beschefer Project").

Since entering into the option agreement to acquire 100 % of Beschefer (see Wallbridge Press Release dated October 17, 2018), Wallbridge's exploration team has carried out a systematic review of historic drill core and project data to better understand the controls on gold deposition and, most importantly, the formation of high grade domains within the B-14 shear zone. This work was in preparation for resource drilling and future maiden resource estimation.

Wallbridge's initial drill program, has commenced and will consist of approximately 1,500 metres of surface drilling and is designed to test the continuity of two known high-grade shoots within the B-14 shear.

"The relatively wide-spaced drilling carried out by previous operators has already defined a mineralized system, the continuous large-scale gold-bearing structure known as the B-14 Zone. Several high-grade domains within this shear zone highlight the excellent grade potential that exists in this system," stated Marz Kord, President & CEO of Wallbridge. "Following our strategy of building a gold production pipeline in the emerging Sunday Lake-Selbaie Belt, our initial objective is to prove the continuity of discrete high-grade shoots and to continue the same exploration success as at Fenelon. If this initial program is successful, we will be planning for a more aggressive resource expansion program and the completion of a maiden resource estimate."

About the Beschefer Project

The Beschefer Project covers 647 hectares and is located in the Northern Abitibi Greenstone Belt, 14 km east of the past-producing polymetallic Selbaie Mine, 45 km northeast of the Casa Berardi Mine and 28 km from Wallbridge's Fenelon Gold Property. Historically, the area has mainly been explored for volcanogenic massive sulfide deposits similar to the Matagami camp and the Selbaie Mine.

Gold mineralization was discovered in the B-14 Zone in 1995 by Billiton Canada Inc. and the property has seen very limited exploration before the involvement by Excellon in 2011, which completed approximately 17,000 metres of drilling up to 2013. Excellon's programs produced very positive results, extending the B-14 mineralization down to almost 600 metres vertical depth, discovering the upper shear zone and intersecting the highest-grade intersections on the property, including 55.63 g/t Au over 5.57 metres and 13.07 g/t gold over 8.75 metres. Excellon's primary focus is on production and exploration at its Platosa Mine and Miguel Auza Property in Mexico. There has been no exploration at Beschefer since 2013.

New Message
Please login to post a reply