...We Welcome You to the Zenith Epigenetics Hub withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Zenith's BET Inhibitor ZEN-3694 is Currently Being Evaluated in Multiple Oncology Clinical Trials

Free

Toinv - Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on what has happened so far with enzalutimide, Medivation and Pfizer.

We have a drug, ZEN-3694 that in animal trials showed that enzalutimide work about 60% better in combination. The first series of tests in humans with ZEN-3694 were on its own and apparently there is at least one patient that is still alive today which would be 9 to 10 months now after dosing began. Now comes the second part of our Phase I trial where ZEN-3694 is in combination with enzalutimide. My understanding is that dosing actually started with this combo around the middle of January. If the patients are still alive today it would now be 4 months after dosing began. In my mind it would be an easy estimation that Pfizer is paying very close attention to what is happening with this trial as they have 14 billion riding on one half of the only marketable drug of the company they just acquired. As the trial is not blinded at all, Zenith should be getting weekly updates of data for all patients in all cohorts of the trial that they could share with any interested parties.

So here is the speculation; if the patients that were no longer responding to ensalutimide were only expected to live for 3 months and they were all living after 4 months now, do you think that Pfizer would be paying attention? How much longer would a group of patients have to live past their estimated date of demise for a potential acquisitor to take a strong interest, 2, 3, 4 more months?

We are in a Phase I trial and still have to be successful here before doing a Phase II and III trial before approval. There is a lengthy road ahead of us but if these early results hold that much promise and show extrodinary results maybe there is a potential for some type of fast tracking. BDAZ would be far more knowledgable than I to comment on that possiblity.

After this combination trial with enzalutimide I believe the third part of the trial is with breast cancer patients. My understanding is that breast cancer is the second most diagnosed cancer in the world with lung cancer taking the first place.

It will be interesting to see if there is any word on Zenith participating in any planned lung cancer trials before this year is over.

Maybe Zenith has been quiet because they are private and don't have to tell the world their results which could be extremely good, referring of course to the patient that is still with us after 9/10 months. By not having to reveille results when many others do it could give them or their investment bankers a significant advantage in any potential negotiations.

2017 is shaping up to be an interesting year for Zenith/RVX.

tada

New Message
Please login to post a reply