...We Welcome You to the Zenith Epigenetics Hub withIn The AGORACOM COMMUNITY!

Zenith's BET Inhibitor ZEN-3694 is Currently Being Evaluated in Multiple Oncology Clinical Trials

Free

Tada wrote: "We are in a Phase I trial and still have to be successful here before doing a Phase II and III trial before approval. There is a lengthy road ahead of us but if these early results hold that much promise and show extrodinary results maybe there is a potential for some type of fast tracking. BDAZ would be far more knowledgable than I to comment on that possiblity."

I don't have any info on fast tracking, sorry. But I do agree that there is a long road to go in clinical trials still for pan-BET inhibitors. Most pan-BET inhibitor trials are still in Phase 1, though some of the earlier generation BET inhibitors are in Phase 2. Some trials on ClinicalTrials.gov are listed as Phase 1/2, so it is difficult for me to determine if they have advanced to the Phase 2 stage or are still in the Phase 1 stage. In any case, no pan-BET inhibitor has made it into a Phase 3 trial yet, so pan-BET inhibitors have a ways to go still from a clinical perspective. However, this doesn't mean that BP lacks interest in Zenith and other BET inhibitors. 

I am very curious as to the results that Gilead is seeing with their BET inhibitor GS-5829. Gilead started a mCRPC trial with GS-5829 prior to Zenith starting their ZEN-3694 trial, and Gilead is also looking at combo therapy of GS-5829 with enzalutamide as well. The listing on ClinicalTrials.gov has the Gilead GS-5829 mCRPC trial as a Phase 1/2 trial, but I don't know if they are in Phase 2 yet. I don't think that Zenith has commented publicly on this Gilead GS-5829 program, but I would be very interested in knowing the similarities/differences between ZEN-3694 and GS-5829. Although Gilead is a bigger company with more resources, they are also much less focused than Zenith. Zenith has one compound in trials, only 2 trials ongoing and specializes in BET inhibitors. In some ways, it feels like a race between Zenith and Gilead for mCRPC. Go Zenith Go! 

Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics of GS-5829 as a Single Agent and In Combination With Enzalutamide in Participants With Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer

Tada also wrote "After this combination trial with enzalutimide I believe the third part of the trial is with breast cancer patients. My understanding is that breast cancer is the second most diagnosed cancer in the world with lung cancer taking the first place."

I am also excited for the expansion of ZEN-3694 into breast cancer indications. Gilead has already started a Phase 1/2 breast cancer trial with GS-5829. I'm hoping that Zenith is able to start their breast cancer trial soon so as to not let Gilead get too large of a head start. But if ZEN-3694 is a superior molecule to GS-5829, then this head start won't matter much. 

GS-5829 in Combination With Exemestane or Fulvestrant Comparing With Exemestane or Fulvestrant Alone in Women With Advanced Estrogen Receptor Positive HER2- Breast Cancer

New Message
Please login to post a reply