Developing the Albany Graphite Deposit
Hydrothermal Graphite Deposit with the Potential to Produce Natural, High-Purity Graphite
Zenyatta Ventures Ltd Profile
Albany Graphite Deposit
- Zenyatta Ventures Ltd. has discovered the largest and very rare ultra high-purity
graphite deposit in Northern Ontario called the Albany Graphite Deposit.
- Albany contains the largest and only high purity hydrothermal (volcanic in nature)
graphite mineralization being developed in the world.
- High purity graphite is gaining prominence at a time when Zenyatta discovered a very rare
hydrothermal graphite deposit, which can be upgraded with very good crystallinity without the
use of aggressive acids and high temperature thermal treatment.
- Zenyatta has discovered an easy and environmentally friendly process that consist of grinding, floating and caustic treatment using sodium hydroxide.
- The company has been able to achieve an ‘extraordinary’ carbon purity result of >99.9 percent in bench-scale tests, using this proprietary and environmentally safe method of purification