Full Text Posts Of Front Page Stories and Blog Posts On AGORACOM

Sponsored
Message: Sad News: David Coffin Passes Away Suddenly. Message From Brother Eric

David Coffin, one half of the dynamic duo behind Hard Rock Advisories, has passed away suddenly. Please find enclosed a brief note issued by his brother Eric, who clearly demonstrates how much love and friendship these brothers share for each other. Our condolences to the Coffin family.

The Hardest Thing I’ve Ever Written February 17th, 2011

It is with great shock and incredible sadness that I inform you of the passing of my brother, David Coffin. David died suddenly on February 16th, 2012. David would have appreciated the irony of me trying to sum up his life so soon after he did such a wonderful job of summing up our father’s. I only hope I can do some justice to David’s eloquence one day soon, though I know I won’t be able to. I’ll save a full obituary for another day.

HRA will continue but not right away. I need to be there for our mother and the rest of our family and my family and help deal with David’s affairs. For that reason I will not be publishing anything for at least 2-3 weeks. I will extend everyone’s subscription by two months to cover whatever service interruption will occur. I am making calls to close friends. I know that some of you will want to call, but I would appreciate it if you could contact me by email for the time being as I will be with our mother. David and I both loved our jobs and loved getting to know so many of you. Dave would want me to continue so that is what I plan to do. I would want him to do the same if the situation was reversed.

I’m sure many of you can appreciate that this is very hard for me right now. I’ve just lost both my brother and my best friend. When I have details of David’s service worked out I will send them around. Likewise, several of David’s friends have talked about arranging some sort of memorial get together for him. That probably won’t happen for a few weeks but, again, once details are set I will send those along as well. Thank you again for your understanding and for being our readers and our friends.

Regards for now – Eric

New Message
Please login to post a reply