Full Text Posts Of Front Page Stories and Blog Posts On AGORACOM
Message: 7 Small Cap Cannabis Companies That Will Benefit From Increased Marijuana Legalization In The United States
Despite the collapse of marijuana and cannabis related stocks in the last 18 months, there is no denying that Cannabis related products are going to go through a paradigm shifting, parabolic growth stage around the world over this decade for the following reasons:
1. Cannabis legalization is gaining momentum around the world.
2. Momentum is primarily driven by the realization that cannabis may have a range of medicinal, therapeutic and wellness applications.
3. It is the most widely cultivated, consumed and trafficked drug worldwide (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime).
So what is this going to translate into?
The global cannabis market size was valued at $US 10.6 Billion in 2018 and is projected to reach $97.5 Billion by the end of 2026, a CAGR of 32.92% (Fortune Business Insights)
WHY WILL THIS TIME BE DIFFERENT?
Big promises, big IR budgets, big hype .... Big Letdown.
That pretty much sums up the last cycle of Cannabis related companies that focused on speed, stories and stock prices rather than the one simple but important thing they should have been doing - building a real business.
Investors will remember that the same thing happened during the dot-com era. As with the cannabis collapse over the last 18 months, what followed back in 2000 was a long period of mourning in which many investors had sworn off tech stocks, just as they have with cannabis stocks today.
But it wasn’t long until tech investors dusted themselves off and realized tech was here to stay - but this time they were only going to focus on real companies with real businesses. What we got was Amazon, Google, Linkedin, Facebook and then the rest was history.
US LEGALIZATION IS ACCELERATING
After postponing a proposed September vote, the full U.S. House of Representatives is expected to vote in December on a bill that would effectively legalize marijuana federally by removing it from the Controlled Substances Act.
According to Politico, the House Democratic leadership is preparing for a vote on the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement (MORE) Act of 2019. In addition to legalizing marijuana federally, the legislation would allow states to continue to choose how to regulate a commercial MJ industry.
Democrats in close elections balked at voting on the MORE Act in September amid concerns that voters might question the importance of legalizing marijuana when Congress had failed to agree on a coronavirus aid package.
But in the November election, five more states legalized medical and/or recreational marijuana, and a recent poll shows cannabis legalization is more popular than ever.
Big cap marijuana stocks have already seen significant gains
Meet the 8 new small cap marijuana horsemen of the next leadership group that are firing on all cylinders (in alphabetical order).
Avicanna (AVCN :TSX) (AVCN : OTCQX) ( 0NN: FSE) is a vertically-integrated biopharmaceutical company developing and commercializing various cannabinoid-based products for the global marketplace.
When we say vertically integrated, we mean it. Avicanna has 4 fully operating divisions to address the entire market for Cannabis products as follows:
1. The company has a full line of high end CBD based skin care products serving the consumer retail segment with Canadian distribution through Medical Cannabis by Shoppers, as well as global distribution later this year. These are the only known CBD cosmetics backed by clinical trials.
2. Avicanna’s superior medical cannabis line also features products distributed through Medical Cannabis by Shoppers, the online arm of Canada’s largest drugstore chain. In addition, the company recently received certification and authorization for the sale of pharmaceutical cannabinoid products with medical prescriptions in Colombia.
3. Avicanna also hosts a full pipeline of Pharmaceuticals in various stages of trials to address Dermatology, Psychiatry, Neurology, Pain and Oncology. Three of the company’s products are already as far as phase 2.
AND… if that is not enough …
4. Avicanna’s Colombian cultivation division hosts 500,000 Sq ft of low cost and USDA certified organic Cannabis Cultivation. The company recently Made History As The First Ever Export Of Feminized Hemp Seeds From Colombia To The United States. 7,000,000 Seeds For $380,000, with an additional 75,000,000 Seeds Available For Export In Several Pending Transactions.
For more information about the company, please check out the Avicanna HUB on AGORACOM.
Harborside (HBOR: CSE), (HSDEF: OTCQX) has generated over $400,000,000 (NOT a typo) since its inception in 2006. We thought that would get your attention.
What Do They Do?
HBOR is a California-focused, vertically integrated, fully licensed cannabis company with its business consisting of three primary segments:
1. Retail Dispensaries
3. Cultivation and Processing
- Founded in 2006. One of the oldest and most respected cannabis retailers in California
- Awarded one of the first six medical cannabis licenses in the USA
- Operations have generated over $400M in cumulative sales since inception
- Retail operations command 3% of California’s entire retail market
Q3 REVENUE ($USD)
- · $19.6M +43% vs. Q3 2019
9 MONTHS ENDED SEPT. 30, 2020
- · $50.4M + 33% vs 2019
OTHER Q3 HIGHLIGHTS
- 21.2% Sequential Revenue Growth, with Record Gross Revenues and Continued Positive Adjusted EBITDA of $4.5 million
- Strong Combined Gross Margin of 54.7% (1) Driven by Improved Harvest Yields and Higher Wholesale Volumes
- Expects Full Year Gross Revenues of Approximately $61 Million - $63 Million with Adjusted EBITDA of 8-10%
For more information about the company, please check out the Harborside Inc hub on AGORACOM.
Hollister Biosciences Inc. (HOLL:CSE) (HSTRF:OTC) (HOB: FRANKFURT) is a multi-state cannabis company with products in 230 dispensaries throughout California and over 80 dispensaries throughout Arizona, translating into the following great success:
- Q1 +317% YoY to $862,000
- Q2 +3685% YoY to $8,500,000
- Q3 +5081% YoY to $12,500,000
- REVENUE $21.8M
With the recent passage of Proposition 207 – legalizing the cultivation, sale and consumption of recreational cannabis in the state of Arizona Hollister is extremely well positioned to capitalize. This can best be summed up by quote of Venom Extracts Founder below:
"Seeing recreational Cannabis legalized in the state is an encouraging sign and is hopefully another step toward federal legalization. It should lead to increased tax revenue and job creation. The recreational cannabis market in Arizona could be valued at up to US $760 million by 2024 1 , significantly expanding the total addressable market for Cannabis in the state. We look forward to making our product line available to both the medical and recreational end user." Shared Jacob Cohen , Founder of Venom Extracts, Hollister's 100% owned subsidiary based in Arizona
On September 23rd, 2020, Venom achieved the first revenue milestone by generating in excess of CDN$30,000,000 of revenue calculated from January 1 st , 2020
In addition to organic sales, Hollister has several high-level partnerships that demonstrate how trusted the Company is within the industry, including:
- An exclusive manufacturing & distribution agreement with Tommy Chong's Cannabis
- Joint Venture With "Tactical Relief" a veteran founded, hemp based CBD brand
- An LOI to manufacture pre-rolls for some of the biggest names in rock and metal music via a JV with California lifestyle cannabis branding and marketing company, Heavy Brands.
For more information about the company, please check out the Hollister Biosciences Inc. hub on AGORACOM.
Innocan Pharma Corporation (INNO: CSE) (IP4:FSE) is developing the pharmaceutical guided missile to defeat coronavirus lung infections. The company specializes in the development of new drug platforms which combine unique properties of Cannabinoids.
3 Fully Operating Divisions For Investor Diversification
Innocan has 3 fully operating divisions to address the market for Cannabis products. As a Cannabis investor, why limit yourself to a Company with just one specialty, when Innocan offers you exposure to both the exploding world of cannabis pharma, as well as, a portfolio of patent-pending and launch ready consumer health products.
- PHARMACEUTICAL – THE GUIDED MISSILE - Revolutionary technology targeting lungs infected with coronavirus or other viral infections.
- CONSUMER RETAIL – DERMA COSMETICS – A premium derma cosmetics brand, manufacturing has commenced with distribution agreements in place.
- OVER THE COUNTER (OTC) PRODUCTS FOR PAIN RELIEF – patent-pending CBD pain relief brand received FDA technical validation.
Global Manufacturing / Distribution Agreements
- Endless Sky Inc. a Canadian large scale Cannabis extractor (Manufacturing and Distribution - Canada)
- Swiss CBD provider Cloud 9 Switzerland LLC (Distribution - Italy and Switzerland)
- Active Therapeutics Ltd of Lancashire, United Kingdom (Distribution - UK and Ireland markets)
Superior Management Team
In the small cap world, the jockey(s) that drive the horse are just as important as the horse itself. The InnoCan Leadership Group Is Incomparable In The Small Cap World, Comprised Of Leading Israeli Pharmaceutical Executives including:
- Executive Chairman (Ron Mayron) was the CEO Of Teva Israel, one of the largest generic pharmaceutical companies in the world
- Co-Founder & VP Business Development (Yoram Drucker) was the Founder of 2 NASDAQ Companies (Pluristem & Brainstorm)
- Chief Technology Officer (Nir Avram) is a former member of the pharma innovation team at Perrigo, producer of OTC consumer goods and specialty pharma.
- Chief Executive Officer (Iris Bincovich) has a proven track record in opening global markets, having managed hundreds of successful transactions in OTC, cosmetics and dermatology.
Together they have built one of the most formidable teams in the small cap cannabis world
For more information about the company, please check out the Innocan Pharma Corporation hub on AGORACOM.
Spyder Cannabis Inc. (SPDR :TSXV) is a Cannabis, Vape and CBD retailer with three retail business units.
- SALE OF CANNABIS PRODUCTS – The Company has TWO cannabis dispensaries currently in operation. The first being a location in Calgary, Alberta and the second in Niagara Falls. Both dispensaries are located in busy commercial hubs. The management team is currently evaluating several additional locations in both Alberta and Ontario where it intends to expand the Spyder Cannabis brand's footprint.
- SALE OF HEMP CBD (US) Company is also pursuing the sale of Hemp based CBD products from locations in the USA.
- SMOKING CESSATION PRODUCTS IN ONTARIO The company sells electronic cigarettes, E-juice and accessories for the “vape” business from five Canadian retail locations; Woodbridge, Scarborough, Pickering, Niagara Falls and Burlington, Ontario. Spyder has established itself as a savvy retailer.
For more information about the company, please check out the Spyder Cannabis hub on AGORACOM.
Thoughtful Brands, Inc. (TBI: CSE)( 1WZ1: FWB)( PEMTF: OTCQB) is a global natural health products and eCommerce technology company that is operating at full throttle.
- Acquired eCommerce retailers with combined total sales of approximately $29,000,000 with an EBITDA of approximately 12.5%.
- Current customer base of over 200,000 customers with additional leads of over 600,000 potential new customers
- Enhanced eCommernce solution through Unified Funding’s software which facilitated over $350 million in consumer transactions (CAD $93.8 million) in 2019 from more than one million paying customers.
- Low-cost production will be vertically integrated into retail brands to achieve up to 20x margin increase.
We’ll let these revenue numbers speak for themselves.
- August 2020 CAD $3,809,000
- July 2020 CAD $2,340,000
- June 2020 CAD $2,712,000
The above represents an increase of 19%, over the same period in 2019.
QUARTERLY REVENUE $CAD
- Q1 $7,600,000 Growth
- Q2 $12,800,000 Growth
TOTAL Q1 AND Q2
- REVENUE $20,400,000
- GROSS PROFIT $2,154,357
The company has its sights set on European expansion through a joint venture with Franchise Cannabis Corp. The company will now sell and market Franchise-manufactured CBD, hemp and cosmetic products in the European Union, Switzerland, Norway and the UK, utilizing its eCommerce platform.
The company also completed acquisition of Verrian, which owns and operates a 110,000-square foot pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Radebuel, Germany. This acquisition will assist the company in tapping into the burgeoning market for psychedelics as Verrian specializes in developing psychedelic derived medicines for treatments for addictions, including opioids and alcohol.
In Addition, the company entered into a definitive agreement to acquire American CBD Extraction Corp. and its Kentucky-based wholly owned subsidiary East Kentucky Extractions, LLC. the Company will gain access to an abundance of hemp biomass in Kentucky, and own a fully equipped and licensed 41,000 square foot facility that can process more than 1,200 pounds of hemp per day.
For more information about the company, please check out the Thoughtful Brands hub on AGORACOM.
TransCanna (TCAN:CSE) (TH8:FSE) owns a 196,000 square foot cannabis Facility, the largest known fully licensed cannabis facility in California.
- CAD $24.9M Revenue Run Rate from 10,000 sq.ft test facility
- CAD $90M Annual Revenue expected from first full year of production at Fully Licensed Daly Street Facility.
- Acquired two California companies,
- High-end award winning edible producer Soldaze
- Premium indoor cultivator and distributer Lyfted Farms
- Lyfted Farms products sold in select Cookies Locations – The most recognizable name in high-end Cannabis.
- 2019 California Cannabis sales over $3B, industry currently fragmented
- Direct to dispensary model, cutting out the middleman
- Q1 $906,000
- Q2 $4,300,000
TOTAL Q1 AND Q2
- REVENUE $5,206,000
- GROSS MARGIN $1,920,000
· The Company has secured multiple off-take agreements in anticipation of late Q1 production coming out of the Daly facility
· Company's internal gross revenue target for the 2020 fiscal year ranges from CAD$12,000,000 up to CAD$14,000,000 (with anticipated net profits from sales of $600,000 up to $700,000)
On track to achieve this benchmark
- Company maintains its guidance for a gross revenue target of CAD$55,000,000 to CAD$75,000,000 (with anticipated net profits from sales of $6,600,000 up to $9,000,000) for the fiscal year 2021.
- This revenue guidance is only for phase one of four in the Daly facility
· For more information about the company, please check out the TransCanna hub on AGORACOM.
Thanks for reading and discovering these great small cap cannabis companies. Please be sure to visit the AGORACOM Small Cap Cannabis Gateway often to stay up to date with new companies at:
Please login to post a reply