Drill for structure, drift for grade

Developing the Historic Kenville Gold Mine in Southeastern British Columbia

Free
Message: Anglo Swiss Resources Continues to Intersect Multiple High Grade Gold Veins

Apr. 20, 2011 (PR Newswire) --

Mineralized System Extended 500 Metres Along Strike from the Historic Kenville Gold Mine

TSX Venture: ASW
OTCBB: ASWRF
Frankfurt: AMO

VANCOUVER, April 20 /PRNewswire/ - Anglo Swiss Resources Inc. (the "Company") (TSX.V-ASW, OTCBB-ASWRF) announced today assay results from its winter 2010-2011 diamond drill program targeting the area around its 100%-owned Kenville Gold Mine located within the Company's Nelson Mining Camp Property, BC. The objective of the winter drilling program was to test the possible southerly extension of the Kenville Mine veins. The drill program successfully intersected the strike and dip extensions of the high-grade gold and silver veins, characteristic of the historic Kenville Mine mineralization, for a distance of approximately 500 meters southward. The gold-bearing veins remain open to the south and at depth. The mineralized area delineated by the recent drill program, is now considerably larger than the total production area of the original Kenville Gold Mine.

The winter drill program in the target area consisted of a total of ten diamond drill holes representing 6,117 metres. Assay results from the first eight holes were issued by news release on February 17, 2011 and December 14, 2010. The drill holes in this program intersected multiple gold-bearing veins. The veins are hosted by dioritic rocks and the mineralization is associated with quartz, fine-grained pyrite, chalcopyrite, molybdenite and other minor minerals.

Select drill highlights from the final two holes in the Kenville target area are included below. The complete set of assay results, and an updated drill plan map indicating the drill hole locations in relation to the historic mine workings, are available on the Company's website at www.anglo-swiss.com or through the link http://files.newswire.ca/951/angloswiss0419.pdf

Highlight Table

Hole
Number
From
(metres)
To
(metres)
Interval
(metres)
Au
g/t
Ag
g/t
Interval
feet
Au
oz/ton
Ag
oz/ton
KE11-23 280.22 281.20 0.98 8.74 8.91 3.22 0.25 0.26
Incl. 280.22 280.67 0.45 18.99 18.46 1.48 0.55 0.54
KE11-23 355.79 356.73 0.94 12.36 6.27 3.08 0.36 0.18
Incl. 356.26 356.73 0.47 24.04 12.38 1.54 0.70 0.36
KE11-24 323.86 331.53 7.67 3.76 8.39 25.16 0.11 0.24
Incl. 325.51 328.53 3.02 6.76 16.06 9.91 0.20 0.47
KE11-24 407.41 407.92 0.51 25.64 52.04 1.67 0.75 1.52

Multiple high-grade narrow veins were intersected in both KE11-23 and KE11-24, as well as in the other drill holes in the program. The majority of these sulphide-bearing quartz veins displayed intersection angles of 70+ degrees to the drill core axis. One of the vein sets was intersected almost perpendicular to core axis, which suggests a main set of easterly, moderately-dipping veins, however a second minor set of veins exhibit variable orientations from vertical to sub-vertical. There is likely a third vein set which represents the flat vein but it is unclear at this time if it was intersected by these two holes.

"The 2010/2011 winter drill program was very successful. We have proven the existence of both the extensions of historic veins, and new high-grade gold veins well beyond the original mine footprint. In addition, as we moved southward along strike from the Kenville Mine, we were encouraged to observe that the frequency and proximity of the veins is increasing," said Len Danard, President and CEO.

The spring/summer drill objectives are to continue to expand the extension of the high-grade gold system at depth and to the south. Further, the Company's technical group is analyzing and evaluating the possibility that this mineralized zone extends, even further south onto the newly assembled Nelson Mining Camp Property. Infill drilling and underground drilling will also be an objective later on this year to further expand the Company's gold resource on this property and beyond to the south.

The key objective of the underground program will be to explore those new high-grade gold and silver veins by drifting along strike. This will allow access for underground drills to the vein system to drill a tight pattern of short holes to delineate the deposit in enough detail to support the preparation of a mining plan.

QA/QC & Qualified Person

The sampled NQ2 drill core was submitted for assay with proper reference certified material, blanks, sample duplicates for quality control and scrutiny for NI 43-101 purposes. Gold values were analyzed by fire assay; the analytical laboratory retained was ALS Canada of North Vancouver. The intervals are an apparent thickness of the reported intersects, which may represent 80-100% of the intervals' true thickness. Only intersections that are truly perpendicular to core axis will be 100% true width. Most vein intersects are 70-800 to the core angle. The technical work has been overseen by Ginette Carter, P. Geo (BC), a Qualified Person within the meaning of National Instrument 43-101. Ms. Carter has verified and approved the data disclosed in this release, including the sampling, analytical and test data underlying the information.

About Anglo Swiss

Anglo Swiss Resources Inc. is actively exploring and drilling at its flagship Nelson Mining Camp Project, which includes the 100%-owned Kenville Gold Mine. The project, which now encompasses 160 square kilometres, was recently assembled by Anglo Swiss. The property hosts numerous historical producing gold, silver and copper mines, surface adits, and old workings. This is the first time the extensive land package has been held by one operator. An extensive data compilation effort was undertaken and is now accessible in a useful geological database. The Company is taking a systematic exploration approach project to the entire area with a two-pronged exploration approach of building a larger gold resource around and to the south of the high grade Kenville Gold Mine, as well as exploring the vast new land holdings for additional economic precious metal and base metal deposits.

Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements

Certain of the statements made herein may contain forward-looking statements or information within the meaning of Canadian securities laws and the applicable securities laws of the United States. Such forward looking statements or information include, but are not limited to, statements or information with respect to Anglo Swiss Resources' plan for future exploration and development of its properties. Forward-looking statements or information are based on a number of estimates and assumptions and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual events or results to differ from those reflected in the forward-looking statements or information. Should one or more of these risks and uncertainties materialize, or should underlying estimates and assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described in forward looking statements or information. Accordingly, undue reliance should not be placed on forward-looking statements or information. We do not expect to update forward-looking statements or information continually as conditions change, except as may be required by law.

SOURCE Anglo Swiss Resources Inc.

Source: PR Newswire (April 20, 2011 - 9:01 AM EDT)
New Message
Please login to post a reply