Welcome To The Apex Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Sultan's business strategy acquires quality, under explored, precious metal properties with undiscovered potential in established mining camps. The company then advances the projects until they can be joint ventured or sold with a retained NSR royalty.

Free
Message: Rich Silver Deposit in Existing Mine on Sultan's Jersey Emerald Property.

Sultan Minerals to Assess Rich Silver Mineralization on its
Jersey-Emerald Tungsten-Zinc Property, BC

March 8, 2011, Vancouver, BC - Sultan Minerals Inc. (SUL-TSX-V) has been advised by its Consulting Geologist, Perry Grunenberg, that due to favourable silver prices, in addition to its tungsten, zinc and gold projects, Sultan should investigate the historic, high-grade, Aspen Silver Mine on its Jersey-Emerald Property in south-eastern BC. Mr. Grunenberg recommends a budget of $150,000 that would explore the Aspen Silver Mine with geological, geochemical and geophysical surveys and surface trenching in order to better define the silver targets for diamond drill testing.

The Aspen Silver Mine was discovered in 1896 and later explored with 4,539 metres of surface and underground diamond drilling in 103 holes and with three adits and two mine shafts comprising 1,443 metres of underground workings.

Three distinct mineralized horizons comprise the Aspen deposit as follows: 1) the Upper Zinc horizon, 2) the Middle Silver horizon and 3) the Lower Lead-Zinc-Silver horizon. The principal unit is the Middle Silver horizon which varies from 1 to 8 metres in thickness and has been traced for 1,100 metres on surface. Historic pre-NI43-101 underground drilling along a 200 metre section of the Middle Silver horizon gave an average grade of 234.8g/t silver (6.85 oz/t).

Three bulk samples of high grade silver ore were shipped in 1918, 1920 and 1934. In total 28.0 tonnes of ore were shipped. The average grade of the three bulk samples was 1,298.5 g/tonne (37.9 oz/t) Silver, 1.11 g/t Gold, 1.54% Lead and 1.30% Zinc (BC Geological Survey, Production Report 082FNW121).

The assays quoted in this release are historical in nature and have been taken from Government records compiled before the implementation of NI 43-101 Standards for Disclosure of Mineral Projects.

The Jersey-Emerald property includes 5 historic mines; Emerald Tungsten, Jersey Zinc, HB Zinc, Aspen Silver and Summit Gold

The historic Emerald Tungsten Mine was Canada's second largest tungsten mine. The mine has a remaining measured and indicated NI 43-101 tungsten resource of 19.46 million pounds of WO3 at a grade of 0.358% and an additional inferred resource of 15.93 million pounds of WO3 at a grade of 0.341%, both at a cut off grade of 0.15% WO3. The resource can be expanded with additional diamond drilling.

There is presently a global tungsten shortage and the spot price for tungsten is at a record high of $387/mtu ($17.59/lb). The tungsten price was $25/mtu ($1.14/lb) when the Emerald Mine suspended production in 1973.

The Jersey Mine was British Columbia's second largest lead-zinc mine and has a remaining, NI 43-101, indicated resource of 1,900,000 tons averaging 6.06% combined lead-zinc and an additional inferred resource of 4,980,000 tons averaging 5.32% combined lead-zinc at a cut-off grade of 3.5%.

The Aspen Silver Mine is located 6.5 km east of the town of Salmo, BC and is road accessible via a 5.0 km long four-wheel drive road up Aspen Creek.

The Aspen deposit is 25 km south of Sultan's Kena Gold-Copper Property which is host to six historic gold mines. The Kena property has a NI43-101 drill inferred, open pittable, gold resource containing 770,000 ounces of gold at 1.0 g/t (using a 0.5 g/t cutoff). The resource extends from surface to a depth of over 430 metres and can be expanded with additional exploration. Diamond drilling is planned for 2011.

Mr. Grunenberg, P.Geo., of PBG Geoscience of Kamloops, B.C., is Sultan's project supervisor and "Qualified Person" for the purpose of NI 43-101, "Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects".

For further information on the Company's projects, visit www.sultanminerals.com.

New Message
Please login to post a reply