Welcome to the Creston Moly Corp. Hub

One of the best undeveloped molybdenum resources in the Americas.

Free

I found the following numbers on Virgin Metals. Their deposit is only about 10.5 M tonnes as opposed to Creston's potential 150-200M tonnes. Virgin's anticipated production  is 1M tonnes per year for 10 years - Creston's should be 5-6 M tonnes /year for 20+ years. Virgin's stripping ratio may be higher than Creston's - more waste to mine to get to ore.

Virgin would appear to have more copper available as a byproduct although I've heard that recoveries of Mo from Mo-Cu deposits is generally not as good as pure Mo deposits.

Tungsten grades at Virgin are quite high but for some reason have not been factored into their PR or mine planning. At these grades W could be significant (as at Geodex's Mo-W deposit in New Brunswick).

Shares issued is somewhat high but this company does appewar to have a potential mine, albeit much smaller than Crestons, and probably less valuable.

I wonder if Creston has recognized any tungsten at their deposit - it's in the same mineral district as Virgin's property. The copper is certainly there but appears to be adjacent to El Creston rather than mixed with the Mo.

Timing wise I would say that Creston is still a year or two ahead of Virgin Metals. Maybe the two of them could co-venture on a Moly roaster/smelter to reduce costs.

New Message
Please login to post a reply