Free

DP and Flight attendants

posted on Jan 22, 2005 11:11AM
All speculation so far about FA`s and the DP. I have asked an impecable source, my son, who has flown for American Airlines for 19 years about that ``speculative`` problem and he said it ``would not be a big deal``. As long as the maintenance and the re-programming is done by someone other than the FA`s it would simply fall into to their regular schedule on the aircraft.

On longer flight, where the DP would be used, the FA`s have been required to provide meals, headsets, blankets, etc...

At least on AA meals are no longer provided in most sections so that alieviates a good portion of their duties. Collecting the DP`s would fall into the same category as ``the last round with a plastic bag to pick up drinks, etc..just before landing. Their duties concerning that phase would end right there. Deposit them in a provided bin for the re-programmers, battery recharges, etc...only checking that you have the same number returned as you passed out, and of course, insuring the funds collected go from your pocket to the companies cash register...ahem....

In other words the DP`s fall into normal duty routine of all FA`s.....It`s a concern I don`t feel is worthy of any speculation, besides that, if any airlines management want it done then it will be done....

New Message
Please login to post a reply