Free

Sunpoop,

Excuse me for butting in to your heartfelt inquiry, but you're doing a little bit of the Rush Limbaugh thing. Everything you said is true, but the "obvious" conclusion you are leading your audience to is completely bogus. That conclusion is, (if I distill it incorrectly I'm sure you will correct me)  that because the lawyers for eDig took the case only because they are sure it is a winner and because it is a winner we eDig shareholders will profit enormously.

First, you are probably right about the attitude of DM - they are sure they have a winner or they would not have taken the case.

But the never whispered fact is that there is a very, very large gap between the amount of settlement money that makes this a winner for DM and the amount of settlement money that makes this a winner for eDigital shareholders.

Think about it. If DM gets 40% of (pick your own number), they're going to be tickled pink. Maybe it's less than they hoped, but it's also more than they feared, and it would be enough to add some + to their bottom line. Sure, they would love 40% of $1 Billion, but the decision to take the case isn't based on the most possible they could earn, but the least possible they think they can earn.

Now, 60% of what number will make eDig shareholders happy?  I don't know the answer, but I know for sure it is a much higher number than the one for DM.

So enough with the "because DM took the case we'll all be rich" nonsense. They feel they'll earn a profit on the case. I hope their e profit is so big that we eDig shareholders benefit. Let's wait and see how this plays out.

Wolfy

New Message
Please login to post a reply