Free

Clarification on LL

posted on Oct 01, 2009 01:47PM

Good Afternoon Everyone.

Just to clarify. LawyerLong informed us that he no longer wishes to participate on this forum and we would like to wish him well.

Since we are having a moment of honesty and sincerity I would like to post a few words in response to dickpick, ronran and anyone else who might find my thoughts interesting.

This Hub and in particular LawyerLong have taken far too many precious hours our core business to deal with the personal issues of disgruntled longs.

We can't be asked to constantly step in and get two budding heads (DABOSS and Lawyerlong to come to consensus) - the warnings stopped earlier today. DABOSS accepting his reprimand - LawyerLong did not.

Now we keep constructive criticism but we delete the whining and negativity. This is an information forum, not an emotions forum. If you want to use our forum as a personal crusade against whomever you have differences with, you will find your posts deleted 100% of the time. PERIOD!

It is not easy monitoring the EDIG forum because the sentiment of long investors can ping-pong depending on share price, news, lack of news, etc. As such, we have to try and strike a balance between allowing people to provide constructive criticism and making sure the rules are followed.

In conclusion, LawyerLong simply became repetitive and redundant in expressing his personal negative constructive concerns - and while we appreciate it but the time has come to move on and look forward.

Nobody needs to read the same message multiple times. If you're long but "concerned", we all get it. Trust me. No need to repeat. This is not the EDIG Complaint department – its an EDIG investment community.

At the end of the day LawyerLong chose not to abide by a simple request (ignore DABOSS) and asked us to rescind his account privileges.

If you ask me, I think LawyerLong has taken far too much of our time away from our core business, as well as yours as usually this poster would be overly critical on days the company issued a press release.

At the end of the day, he had achieved what every nuisance, basher and distractor seeks to achieve on our site - that is to steer your attention away from company facts and focussed on ones own personal agenda.

Ronran you open a very broad argument regarding what can and cannot be discussed but I will try to be as concise as possible. First off, allow me to say that we don't respect or expect a cheerleader forum here - any unsubstantiated hyping is a violation to our six rules of use, and any messages that have been reported as violations have been deleted.

We welcome diversity in this forum - this is a fundamental ingredient to our success. Each member of this society can have a small fraction of knowledge. This local knowledge (which you might refer to as private information) is proprietary to the individual.

One of the ways in which AGORACOM helps enhance the investment communities experience and knowledge base is by utilizing this local or individual knowledge and centralize it. At the end of the day the investment community will benefit from local data that one single individual shareholder would be very hard to posses.

As an epilogue we would like to thank LawyerLong and everyone for their participation within the AGORACOM Community. With your contributions this forum as DickPick notes has attained over 35,000 pages of information - and all this content is delivered Ad free! This proves an even greater achievement as our model doesn't rely on traffic but on quality over quantity.

We are a community of 1.3 Million unique visitors reading over 95 million pages of information - and above all we are the happiest community

Lastly, and in consideration of those who wish to discuss the company's future, please feel free to submit a rebuttal via our general inbox. I will stay a little later to answer to as many inquiries as possible. Any subsequent messages regarding on what transpired earlier this morning will be deleted.

Thank you all again for your attention and for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

Andreas Marouchos

Community Director

New Message
Please login to post a reply