Free

PAGE 5: Collins brought up claim 10 of our 774 patent and asked if compression of the received signals would require RAM? Norris said yes. Collins asked where RAM appears in this claim and Norris said something like, “This claim is exclusively RAM” meaning in 1994 you couldn’t get the signal compressed without RAM.

Here’s claim 10: A device as defined in claim 1, said device further comprising compression circuitry coupled to the memory circuitry for compressing digital signal for storage in the flash memory module.

Cross-exam of Norris over around 11:42. Judge asked Jameson if he had anymore witnesses and Jameson said no. Plaintiff rested because he had no more witnesses and they had already submitted their written briefs to the court. Judge asked what other exhibits Plaintiff wanted to submit as evidence.Jameson said Exhibits 2, 3a and 3b. He didn’t say Exhibit 4 even though Plaintiff and Defendants agreed on Exhibit 4 during the initial recess at 09:02 (see pg 1, para 6 of my report). A defendant lawyer stood up and reminded the court of their earlier agreement and the judge said something like, “I guess Plaintiff has changed their mind since they didn’t ask for it”, and it was not admitted as evidence.

Plaintiff rested their case around 11:44.

Defendants called Dr.Mihran to testify at 11:48. Featherstone interviewed him.

Asked him to tell the court where he works and about his education. Received his BS in Electrical Engineering around 1984, his MBA in 1998 and his Ph.D in 1990. All engineering and physics related. Works as an adjunct professor at the University of Colorado – Boulder. He had an extremely impressive resume. He has been qualified as an expert in other trials and no court has ever refused him as an expert witness.

Yungwirth objected to Mihran as an expert witness but I can’t remember his reason. Judge OVERRULED Yungwirth. This is where she talked about Plaintiff not filing a 702.

Mihran had created some Powerpoint slides to be used during his testimony. When we got to slide #2, it was noon and the judge brought up this might be a good place to break for lunch. Featherstone said something like he needed only another 15 mins to make a point but the judge said, “I don’t have 15 mins. I have another obligation.” And with that we went to lunch until 1:30.

I went to 3 different places to find a WiFi spot and found nothing. I did find a hotel computer in their lobby but when I tried logging on, it wasn’t working (where’s Dr. Mihran when you need him?! LOL)

Back in session at 1:48 (CONTINUED)

New Message
Please login to post a reply