A global media company catering to the design, events and exhibition industry

Free

Still Trading?

posted on Apr 17, 2010 06:03AM

Would someone please explain to me why this stock is still listed and trading when Button Group is in receivership and Futuremedia Interactive is about to be struck off the companies register, seeming to leave only the holding company owing tens of millions with apparently no assets left?

There have been no filings - the website is gone - shareholders have had no information for months and the directors seem to have walked away.

If I am wrong about all this, maybe someone would tell me what is going on.

All I can see is potentially offence after offence being committed by not filing statutory accounts and returns, allowing the stock to remain active when there must have been a case to suspend it due to the financial situation and it would appear that there is no prospect of investors or the company's creditors ever seeing their money again.

George O'Leary is still apparently the CEO - why isn't he worried about potentially committing serious offences under UK company law by not complying with the legal requirements to make returns, file accounts and notify the authorities about any significant developments in a publically quoted company?

Who is trading this stock? Are they insiders? Are they connected to Yorkville? Who is being sold the stock? Do they know the situation? Why are market makers continuing to trade this stock? Are the SEC and UK authorities watching these trades? If so, who is at risk of prosecution?

This situation is a disgrace - it demonstrates the need to clean up the small cap sector and to punish those responsible.

New Message
Please login to post a reply