Global measured and indicated mineral resources of 20.5 million ounces (inclusive of mineral reserves)

Advancing North America's 4th Largest Gold Reserves Towards Development

Free
Message: Detour Gold Appoints New Board Directors and VP, Mine General Manager

2018-08-30 08:13:31 AM ET (MT Newswires)

08:13 AM EDT, 08/30/2018 (MT Newswires) -- Detour Gold (DGC.TO) -- involved in a war of words with activist shareholder Paulson & Co, saying Wednesday spokesperson Marcelo Kim had defamed the company by alleging insiders were selling shares because they lacked faith in the company's plans -- said overnight Wednesday that its Board of Directors now includes Alan Edwards, James Gowans and Judy Kirk.

According to a statement, Edwards has more than 35 years of experience. His director roles include Entree Resources where he is also the Chairman of the Technical Committee. Gowans has more than 30 years of experience in mineral exploration, mine feasibility studies, mine construction and commissioning, and the development of best practices in mine safety, operations and economic performance improvements. Lastly, Kirk provides executive advisor services for projects from initial planning to completion by navigating the regulatory and environmental review processes through project development and construction.

Alex Morrison, Chairman, said: "Our new directors augment the Board's experience and expertise in large-scale open pit mining and corporate social responsibility, including First Nations engagement. These changes to the Board, coupled with the initiatives of Frazer Bourchier as Chief Operating Officer and additional talent upgrades at the mine site, further enhance our ability to ensure that the Detour Lake mine becomes a consistently performing operation."

In addition, Detour has appointed Dale Ekmark as Vice President, Mine General Manager, of the company. Ekmark served as CEO and Chairman of OKD in the Czech Republic where he oversaw the operation of four coal mines with more than 12,000 employees. He has also held management roles with NORAMCO Engineering Corp., Placer Dome Inc., Cleveland-Cliffs Inc., and The De Beers Group of Companies.

Shares on Wednesday decreased less than 1.0% to $10.83 apiece in a 52-week range of $9.11 - 17.86.

Price: 10.83, Change: -0.06, Percent Change: -0.55

New Message
Please login to post a reply