Developing phosphate interests in the Georgina Basin, Queensland, Australia

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

ATTENTION MEMBERS: 

Tonight, we're giving our website a serious makeover.  

So if you can't access the site for a bit, don't worry, we're just sprucing things up for an even smoother experience.  

In the event that you experience issues accessing the new site, please clear your browser's cookies and cache. 

See You On The Other Side!

Thanks Donzo...To me LGDI seems to be trading somewhat techincally for 3 reasons IMO:

1. There is a great amount of volitility in volume. Many days trade just a few thousand dollars worth of shares with a great amount of million dollar days randomly mixed in and spread out evenly. Of course this is typically the case with small caps, but it seems even more so with Legend. This results in a deceptive price chart. If someone sold a thousand dollars of shares and drove the price down 5% a few days over a month, should anyone really care? Same is true on the upside scenareo..Should that last small-time retail buyer desperately trying to get in after a large move that noone else is a part of have any say on the true price of the stock? I think the key is to adjust the price chart to volume so you get a volume weighted chart, similar to how a "real" price chart is adjusted to inflation or a log chart adjusted for percentage movement rather than point movement.

2. The company is very correlated with the commodity market. It seems to lag the market (although this doesn't seem to be always the case). Because earnings don't really matter, just the potential value of assets, there are waves of buying and selling driven by psychology.

3. News seems to leak AND the impact of news on stocks seems to be delayed sometimes, over trends. Seems that some people have the inside scoop and act on it early. And meanwhile, when news does come out it takes a little while for the market to react. I've noticed this trend with some other junior miners....By dumb luck a while back, a gold JM I had announced they found bonanza gold holdings and at open was up about 2%. It took a few hours for the word to spread and by mid-day it started rising and closed at +30%.

New Message
Please login to post a reply