Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free

Word of advice for you, or anyone else should you come this way to see the claims. Wear hiking boots, or at least old leather shoes with good traction. The terraine is rough, and we have both glochids and small creatures you don't want visiting the inner parts of your sandals (or piercing the fabric of your tennies).

Us locals take this for granted, and to the point that we very often fail to warn visitors of the need for proper footwear - on and off trail, and mining claims are most often off trail, quite off trail.

I've lead interpretive hikes into the desert and we've had people show up from completely barefoot, to shiny new dress shoes. One person I recall had been told by friends she would need boots for hiking, so she went to Macy's and bought suede, goat skin boots knowing we would be "boulder hopping" in a river canyon. When we saw her in those boots, we warned her they would be ruined in the first several yards, but she just shrugged and joined us anyway, and had a good time.

Yeah, suede and goat skin are options, but not the best choices. LOL

Anyway, I hope you can arrange a vacation out here. There is lots to see and do in SE Arizona, especially for those with a sense for adventure - mines, ghost towns, caves, battle grounds, Spanish-era forts, scenic wilderness, etc.

Oh, and the LBSR warehouse/office which is very near the Pima Air and Space Museum at Davis-Monthan AFB.

VP

New Message
Please login to post a reply