Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free

Thank-you to the people that have shared their letters with me and Jim! We would appreciate more responses. If you are too busy right now, that's ok: we have until just after the 4th of July Holiday. The easiest way to reach out is through the Regulations.gov website, hyperlinked below. If you wan to write directly to the Department of the Interior, that works too. I've been to the website and it is very easy to enter your comments! Below is how to comment on -line  or through the USPS. Included is the sample letter we sent out yesterday. Feel free to copy/paste any or all of it.

Go to http://www.regulations.gov Enter “DOI-2017-0002” in the search bar and click "search."

Sample Message:

DATE

Monument Review MS-1530

US Dept of the Interior

1849 C Street NW

Washington, DC 20240

RE: April 26, 2017 Executive Order instructing Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke to review any national monument created since Jan. 1, 1996, specifically The Ironwood Forest National Monument, Arizona

Dear Secretary Zinke,

My name is (your first and last name) and I am a voter and taxpayer interested in seeing our national economy grow by fostering domestic industries. I would like to offer my support to the rescinding of the National Monument designation conferred on the Ironwood Forest National Monument in southeast Arizona.

It is my understanding that the creation of the Monument was questionable at the time of its inception and that now with the federal judiciary recognizing the unquestionable stability of the Cactus Owl population, and a better understanding of the environmental imperatives of the native ironwood tree which is widespread and not endangered, that there is no need to specially designate this area as hands off to the mining industry, an enduring cornerstone of Arizona’s economy.

I understand that it is the task of Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke’s responsibility to undertake the evaluation of 27 National Monuments, but I want you to understand that this is an easy call, and I will be following this Monument’s assessment. Thank-you for your time.

Sincerely,

SIGN YOUR NAME

Print your name

Street address

City, State, Zip code

New Message
Please login to post a reply