Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free

Although the actual cost for a full 10 hole campaign is about 2.1 million- by a factor of 10 less than the previously cited figure of 21 million- it's still a lot of money. Obviously a more modest program of 2-3 holes costs correspondingly less- but with, of course, a greater risk of failure. Also it does not sufficiently map out a deposit so that a proper estimate of its extent and value can be determined. So why bother with a smaller program? I believe it's likely that the BOD has not been sitting on its hands and has- and the previously constituted BOD as well- been diligently seeking investment deals. It would be quite a betrayal of trust if this has not been the case. I'm confident that HM has been viewed by numerous potential investors. But- despite the confidence we have in the science projecting an extremely valuable claim- it must be that others have not been equally convinced or impressed. If that's the case- it's a matter of doinng the same thing over and over again with same predictable negative outcome. Investors come to the table- and then don't come through. I don't think it's necessarily because the company is holding out for an unrealistic deal. Nor that there have not been interested parties. I believe it's because whomever they have approached, they require more evidence of positive findings. That's why I believe we need to jump start the process with a small drilling program. With our indirect scientific evidence, plus some positive physical evidence- that found by drill results- it may be more likely that an investor will be willing to provide funding to complete a proper more completely defining drilling program. 

Of course- the catch-22 is that we don't have the funds for even that modest program. Hence the idea of some sort of investor subscription plan. I know it has been tried before- but where else are funds to come from? I hear the objections to the small loan subscrption plan. But one possible modification- which I believe has been suggested- is to go back to the PP model. Two new conditions need to be met- the most important is that the funds would only be used for drilling. The second would fit in with RS's idea- which would be to reduce the amount accepted to as little as $300. Now- with a monthly commitment- to make this viable- it would take 1-200 investors to participate. I have no idea if this is possible- and maybe it isn't. And it would have to be organized and promoted by the company. But I think it is one of the only ways to get things going. As always, I hope I'm wrong and next week there will be an announcement of a deal. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply