Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free

What you had to say about JB is not entirely true. Yes- he has been involved in a number of lawsuits- but one company with whom I believe he has had a good working relationship was Geotech. They go way back and I believe he was one of the early proponents of its ZTEM survey techniques. I will remind everyone of one of JB's most brilliant moves- which helped LBSR- but also helped Geotech by validating their techniques - memorialized in Geotech's own public and scientific presentations.

When JB needed to demonstrate Big Chunk's deposits, he in large part relied on a ZTEM survey that was carried out by Geotech. But it was not considered reliable at the time- maybe still so by some. So when Geotech was contracted to survey Big Chunk- he offered to Northern Dynasty a ZTEM survey of adjacent Pebble at his expense. Why would he do such a thing? Because Pebble was already drill proven and its deposits already formally established and outlined by established techniques. So when the ZTEM survey outlined Big Chunk's deposits- the results were validated by the fact that the contemporaneous survey of Pebble corresponded very accurately and well with what had been previously defined by drilling. And this had the effect of not only validating Big Chunk's results, but also helped prove the power and accuracy Geotech's ZTEM technique since it accurately correlated with the drill proven results. This was even further validated when ZTEM was used to guide JB to the legendary Big Chunk "hole in one".

I relate this story to suggest that LBSR and Geotech have had a longstanding and mutually beneficial relationship. I assume Geotech is in the scientific geologic survey business and not exploration business- but I wonder if it is not possible that they might be choosing to put a toe in the exploration waters and may be funding some of this new acitivity- and maybe more. Just speculating.

New Message
Please login to post a reply