Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free

For what it worth, here is somewhat of a summation of how I see things at the moment, drawing from others' comments here as well as my thoughts.

At some time during the past few months, according to the President's update two days ago, LBSR has been in serious discussions with two major mining companies on partnering with us to get the Hay Mountain project underway.  One of these companies was apparently to the point of signing committment papers when they backed away, apparently because of internal company problems.  As at least one other poster here suggested - committing a few million dollars to get started with LBSR is peanuts to them monetarily, so why would they not go ahead and sign if they truly thought LBSR was worth partnering with.  The second of these companies made very positive statements about the value of LBSR's resources, but no reason was given for why they removed themselves from the picture.  While this disclosure of talks with these two companies (as far as I can recollect) is the most promising sign of progress since I have been on board, the end result is no different from prior years - nothing.

While it would seem that discussions with two of the major mining companies in the past months would indicate other smaller companies have probably also shown an interest at some point, nothing has been said about that.  If it was legal for BG to reveal discussions with the two major mining companies, why can we not be notified about discussions with smaller companies?

Most of the shareholders, at least the ones that post here, have very little confidence in the current Board of Directors, especially since Jim Briscoe is no longer involved in most (any) decisions.  This lack of confidence is especially reflected in the share price, which has dropped from around .0025 a few months ago to .0007 today.  The share price has dropped close to 40% just since the President's update; again, reflecting a lack of confidence.

If there is no one on the Board who is always available, on site, to discuss facts with potential partners, why would they have forced Jim out?  Did he get so frustrated that he left on his own?  The President's update does indicate LBSR expects to bring in a top exploration manager in the next few weeks - is this someone who will be on site to work with prospects?

Perhaps the current president would consider answering specific questions from shareholders much as Jim did in the past.  Since LBSR has parted ways with Agoracom, it apparently could not be done through their venue.  Perhaps some other method could be utilized.  Or perhaps it is time for a shareholder's meeting - do we have very many people here who could travel to Arizona (or Colorado) for a physical meeting?

Much of this has been mentioned in others' postings - just trying to keep it from fading into the background.

New Message
Please login to post a reply