Liberty Star Uranium & Metals Corp.

Combining Classic Mineral Exploration with State of the Art Technology

Free

I'm no expert on the inner workings of Agoracom, but let me offer the little that I think I understand. 

1. The Agoroacom owner can delete postings and/or issue warnings over violations of terms of service.  In each case, I believe the offender is notified.  He/they may discover the violation on their own, or from a user complaint.  A simple warning may be issued, or the post deleted with a warning.

2.  Users classified as "HUB LEADERS" (me, Lief Smith, smokingreen) can delete posts and we have access to records about complaints, and responses. [HUB LEADERS gain their positions from activity points awarded as outlined on the Web site.] 

3.  Tracy, not having the points to be a "HUB LEADER", should only be able to complain to the Agoracom owner to ask that a post be removed.  He can agree or not.  I've seen where he/they have agreed, and I've seen at least one statement that "...does not rise to the level..." of warranting removal.

4.  I know that it is also possible for a poster to write directly to Agoracom management to ask that a post of their own be removed if it contained some kind of substantive mistake or regretful wording.  

Now there may be instances of deletions that escape my observation or may not be available to HUB LEADERS under all circumstances.  So I may miss some things, or haven't cared to look into them.  In fact, I spend almost no time at all in following disciplinary actions on the page available to HUB LEADERS.   

Also, I only discovered this "benefit" I and two others have here a few months ago, so what I've done in regards to removals does not go back very far.  But in this time, I believe that I have only deleted two (maybe three) - one recently for being off-topic, the other for being a personal attack.  In that latter case, I wrote to the offender to explain why I found his short post to be a violation of rules.  We thereafter had an amicable exchange and the matter ended  In the other case, I assumed the offended would understand that his post was off-topic.  SPAM is another matter - Agoracom can/will remove spam, HUB LEADERS can remove spam.

Additionally, I believe that Agoracom occasionally (but not routinely) reviews actions by HUB LEADERS.  I don't know how disagreements are resolved, but I am familiar with one case where a HUB LEADER was dismissed.    

New Message
Please login to post a reply