Timmins & Beardmore - Northern Ontario

Focused on becoming a near-term Gold Producer

Free

PDAC Report

posted on Mar 05, 2009 04:51AM

I had the opportunity to spend some time at the Sage Gold booth yesterday with Bill Love. I have outlined briefly below the main points of our conversation. I have done my best to be as accurate as possible in my recollections and I would appreciate if anyone else who was at the show could verify or add to my post.

1. Golden Extension-Jacobus East

As we all know this is by far the biggest focus of SGX right now. They are currently still in stripping mode. It has taken longer then they had anticipated due to the fact the local prospector currently is continually encouraging them to extend the stripping phase because the ongoing findings warrant it. They anticipate another week or so of actual stripping.

The next step will be to use those results to start the vein mapping process. This is a crucial step for it will allow them to more accurately pinpoint the drilling locations for the upcoming drill program. This phase will take some time and before completed the area will be into spring thaw. It is anticipated that drilling will be commencing sometime in early to mid June. It is safe to assume that the area will be sufficiently dry then to be able to mobilise the drills etc. The timetable of course depends on the length of the spring thaw which varies with the amount of snow and rain and temperatures they can expect in the region over the coming months.

It is expected that they will do approximately 3,000 metres and it will be shallow drilling. No holes will be deeper than a 100 metres. This will enable them to get a better idea of the resource potential at shallow depth and give them more confidence in their vein mapping work. They have approximately two million dollars of cash on hand so it would not be prudent at this time to be drilling deeper holes. My apologies but I neglected to ask how long they estimated the drilling would take. (My cell phone rang and threw me off). However, once the samples are at the labs the time frames for getting the assays have tighten significantly compared to past years. It is now possible to get the assays back in five days.

Sage is now in roughly the same stage of exploration as Kodiak was during the summer of 2007. Looking into the future it is quite possible that Sage Gold would provide feed to any future mill that Kodiak would locate on their site. (I tried to get some feedback from Mr. Love about the possible tpd capacity of a future mill but he didn't bite. I had no luck with getting any idea from Brian at the 3pm Kodiak presentation on Tuesday either).

Kerrs

Sheltered Oak as we know has an earn in option with Sage Gold on this property. To meet the obligations of the earn in they will be spending $800,000 to $900,000 in drilling during the early part of the summer drilling season.

Paint Lake

Some clear cutting was done past year and some intial showings were examined. But the focus for 2009 will be Jacobus.

The Resource Calculation for the Lynx Zone will be out in approximately three weeks.

Nevada

Nothing in the foreseeable future. Any decisions on this property are pending the outcome of passing the Rayhill Bill. This bill has to do with land reclamation. Googling it will give you more information.

Arizona

Would not be impacted by the passing of the Rayhill Bill due to the fact it is on private land. However, work to date does not warrant shifting focus away from Jacobus.

MISC

I spoke briefly with Gary Robertson, a director, on the first morning of the show. I asked him about the timing of the last news release and its coinciding with the expiration of the hold period on the warrants. He felt it was an unfortunate coincidence and maybe bit of a misstep on their part. Their concern at the time was to get the information out for widespread dissemination before the Show. I felt he was quite sincere in his response.

Overall, I was quite impressed with my conversation with Mr. Love and Mr. Robertson. They both appeared quite sincere and did not hesitate in responding to any of my questions. I did ask a few other questions but when writing up this post I was not sure my notes and power of recall were accurate enough to include it here. My apologies in advance for any typos and spelling errors. I had this all typed up last night and while proofreading and making changes I somehow accidently deleted and lost it. I don't want to take the chance again. I attended the full Show from opening to close except for about 2 hours of shopping. It can be a mind boggling and exhausting experience. I am taking the next couple of days to enjoy Toronto and Hamilton before heading back to Goose Bay Labrador. Once back there I will be debriefed by several of my friends and associates and Sage Gold is only one of many they will be picking my brain about.

cheers

Killick

New Message
Please login to post a reply