Timmins & Beardmore - Northern Ontario

Focused on becoming a near-term Gold Producer

Free

I realized that apparent contradiction as I typed it, just didn't want the post to turn into a novel.

Sure, a spectacular drill intercept of gold is going to get the stock moving. Some forces of the market just can't be under the control of the MM, at first, anyways.

To wit, the explosive move by KXL and SGX's subsequent "Area play" effect with the Golden Mile discoveries. But even at moments like that, the MM's "assist" the move up with pumpers, get retail to buy late, hold late, sell late. The financing is usually done at the top, profits taken, and then the shorters move in and grind down the SP.

If the junior survives that punishing, and the exploration proves up the deposit, ( which takes time; in our case, a year, year and a half so far) and it becomes apparent that it is the real deal, then the MM's move in again, this time playing for keeps.

When I am talking about a "run" I am talking about upward momentum anywhere from 3 months to a year and a half of steady gains. Like T.HBM, T.TIM had before the crash.

When I am talking about a "pop" it means just that; a move to the upside that may not be long-lived.

I certainly don't have any glimpse into the future, so I don't know if we will get a run or a pop next. Time will tell.

And while I don't blame the mysterious MM's for every downturn, or blame them for every sideways movement ( sometimes a stock is flat because there's nothing going on to interest the market), I don't discount their ability to have access to inside information and large pools of capital to manipulate price action when it suits them. I always keep the ARU saga in the back of my mind as it was/continues to be a successful template for them. And Kinross was the one who ended up with the prize on that one. And, gee whiz, we've got Kinross connections now....

Hope that somewhat clarifies things.

New Message
Please login to post a reply