DISCOVERING & INVESTING IN GREAT DISRUPTIVE COMPANIES
Providing Exposure to Investors To Ground Floor Opportunities In Disruptive Technologies
ThreeD Capital provides investors with significant exposure to ground floor opportunities in
- Small cap stocks in their very early stages;
- Disruptive Technologies
That would otherwise be impossible for 99% of investors to participate in. There is quite simply no other investment vehicle like it in the Canadian small cap space.
Best of all, investors get to invest in ThreeD Capital under the leadership of one of the greatest investors in Canadian history – Sheldon Inwentash, the Founder, Chairman and CEO. When Sheldon Inwentash speaks, listeners stand to make a lot of money. His track record speaks for itself.
- Merchant banking model with investment strategy that is fluid, agile and industry agnostic
- Primarily the lead financer in disruptive or leading edge technologies
- Actively involved with investees by advising and leveraging ThreeD’s powerful network
- Strong network and history of success provides company with the first look at best of breed companies
- Company selections are vision driven for companies that can address hyper evolving world
Areas of Interest
- Renewable Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things
- Mining (ThreeD Capital Hasn’t Forgotten It’s Roots)
- Esports is a booming global industry where skilled video gamers play competitively In the same way that traditional sports have competitions in baseball, basketball, and football, Esports encompasses competitions across a variety of video games
- Conntrary to common perception, esports is not simply a phenomenon occurring in the basements of unemployed twentysomethings; the industry is real, growing globally, and investable
- Esports market is on track to surpass $1.5B by 2023 (Source)
Esports Viewership is Growing
Esports Revenue Growth and How Brands are Contributing to it
*POINT OF INTEREST:
Sheldon Inwentash Serves As A Strategic Advisor To Esports Entertainment Group, A NASDAQ Listed Esports Gambling and iGaming Company
- The electric car industry has been growing for years, stakeholders continue to invest billions into this burgeoning market
- Tesla delivered 101,000 cars in 2017, generating $11.8 billion of top-line sales while consuming cash to the tune of $4.1 billion in negative free cash flow.
- Fast-forward to 2019, where the less expensive Model 3 helped Tesla reach 367,000 delivered vehicles during the year.
- Revenue more than doubled to $24.6 billion and the company generated a cool $1 billion of positive free cash flow.
- As new companies emerge, the industry is ripe for continued innovation
- The global electric vehicle market was valued at $162.34 billion in 2019, and is projected to reach $802.81 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 22.6%.
- Asia-Pacific was the highest revenue contributor, accounting for $84.84 billion in 2019, and is estimated to reach $357.81 billion by 2027, with a CAGR of 20.1%.
- North America is estimated to reach $194.20 billion by 2027, at a significant CAGR of 27.5%. Asia-Pacific and Europe collectively accounted for around 74.8% share in 2019, with the former constituting around 52.3% share.
- North America and Europe are expected to witness considerable CAGRs of 27.5% and 25.3%, respectively, during the forecast period. The cumulative share of these two segments was 40.1% in 2019, and is anticipated to reach 51.0% by 2027 (Source)
As EVs gain wider adoption over the next decade or two it will produce a lot of good long-term opportunities owning high-quality companies throughout the entire EV supply chain.
- According to Verified Market Research, the Global Electric Vehicle Battery Market was valued at USD 35.16 Billion in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 133.46 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 18.05% from 2020 to 2027.
Blockchain / Decentralized Technologies
- Blockchain is a distributed ledger that exists as a network to facilitate peer-to-peer interactions
- The network records transactions in a list of records called blocks.
- These records are strung together to create a chain of blocks – the blockchain
Why we like it…
- No financial oversight. No middleman or third parties
- Data integrity. Data cannot be altered, and all computers carry the entire network
- Low fraud. Network built through shared consensus
- Transparency. All transactions are known on the entire network
- Smart contracts. Organize a variety of transaction types between users
- Security. Cryptographic protocols and network consensus prevent tampering
- Trust. Built-in trust protocols ensure the network agrees with any recent transaction
*POINT OF INTEREST:
Sheldon Inwentash Serves As A Strategic Advisor To TODAQ, a decentralized protocol for ownership management, enables the secure and efficient creation, ownership and transfer of meaningful digital assets.
- Pursuing a diversified portfolio of resource investments with an emphasis on the precious-metal and battery-metal sectors.
- Focused on investing in district scale plays with high optionality and maximum exposure to rising markets
- The resource components of the portfolio are primarily brownfields projects with the ability to be commercialized within 2-3 years
FEATURED INVESTEE - One Bullion
Why One Bullion and Precious Metals in Southern Africa?
- Outstanding Geological Potential
- Southern/Central Africa Contain:
- 88% of Global PGM Resources
- 40% of Global Gold Resources+
- 84% of Global Chromite Resources
- 49% of Global Cobalt Resources
- Analysts are bullish on all of these commodities
- Three highly prospective projects at inception which we’ll add value to with state-of-the-art exploration
- One Bullion’s management have decades of Botswana experience, including working on the current projects
AI / Machine Learning
The first big investment wave in tech was the personal computer, then came software, the internet, smartphones, social media and cloud computing. The next big thing is artificial intelligence, or AI.
- AI is the science-fiction-like technology in which computers are programmed to think and perform the tasks ordinarily done by humans
The size of the global AI market is expected to grow to $202.6 billion by 2026, up from $20.7 billion in 2018, according to Fortune Business Insights.
Internet of Things
- · Internet of Things (IoT) is still a relatively new market however we believe one that has huge potential
- It is subject to rapid growth and encompasses extremely diverse technologies; from smart buildings to sensors and data, to robotics and drones.
- IoT has been labelled as the power behind the 4th Industrial revolution, driving increases in productivity, transforming business models and redefining the way that organisations relate to their customers and suppliers.
- As such, it is a revolution that is set to be bigger and more pervasive than ever before
- So it is little surprise that the world’s biggest and most trusted consultancies including Gartner, McKinsey and PWC are all forecasting that the sector will return $Trillions of revenues per year by 2025.
- As the market matures, we believe the following concepts will help propel further sector growth.
- The connectivity IoT relies on is good and getting better, this is especially true with 5G
- Corporations are beginning to see the advantages of mass adoption with tangible short term payback and near term ROI.
- The ecosystem of incubators is alive and well, the “Future” is here and now.
FEATURED INVESTEE – SENSE (Decentralized Messenger)
- Secure, decentralized messenger application
- Security and encryption backed by blockchain
- No bots, no spies, no spam. Humans earn crypto while chatting
- Using a peer-2-peer verification system, users can help secure the system, limit scams/spam, and spot fake accounts
- No spies and no hackers in this app - just you and your friends, chatting safely in encrypted groups
- Earn SENSE tokens by inviting friends and participating in conversations
- The SENSE token is a tool for empowering communities on the Sense Chat platform
- Version 2.0 decentralized chat app coming out this summer on android and apple
Notorious Venture Capitalist Investor Tim Draper Joins Board of Directors
As Featured In:
FEATURED INVESTEE – ImagineAR (Augmented Reality)
- ThreeD Investee Imagine AR (IP:CSE) (IPNFF:OTCQB) has an Augmented Reality platform that allows businesses to easily launch AR campaigns
- Clients Include:
- NBA Sacramento Kings
- Mall of America,
- AT&T Shape,
- Basketball Hall of Fame
- Microsoft Authorized Co-Sell Partner
- Enables businesses of any size to create and implement their own AR campaigns with no programming or technology experience
- ImagineAR is now well positioned to further commercialize and capitalize on massive demand for Augmented Reality
- Signed five year $300,000USD licensing agreement with SlapItOn to provide Augmented Reality for athletes and celebrities to engage fans
- Announced partnership with Engaged Nation, an award winning leader in digital engagement marketing for Casinos
- Announced partnership with North Highland, a top ranked global consulting firm with over 5,000 consultants and 70 offices around the world
- North Highland was ranked on the Forbes 2020 America's Best Management Consulting Firms list
- North Highland was ranked on the Forbes 2020 America's Best Management Consulting Firms list
What is Nanotechnology you may ask?
- Nanotechnology is science, engineering, and technology conducted at the nanoscale, which is about 1 to 100 nanometers
- Everything on Earth is made up of atoms—the food we eat, the clothes we wear, the buildings and houses we live in, and our own bodies
- Today's scientists and engineers are finding a wide variety of ways to deliberately make materials at the nanoscale to take advantage of their enhanced properties such as higher strength, lighter weight, increased control of light spectrum, and greater chemical reactivity than their larger-scale counterparts.
Why are we interested?
- Nanotechnology uses include everything from safer food processing, more efficient drug delivery systems to advanced materials used in construction, batteries and tiny transistors that allow for smaller and more powerful computer chips
- Electrical circuitry is becoming ever smaller, and it’s nanotechnology that makes such advancements possible
- Nanotechnology is important in a range of environmental and health applications, including air and water treatment.
- Nanotechnology applications for air treatment may also prove helpful in the fight against COVID-19
- According to IndustryARC, the global nanotechnology market is projected to reach US$121.8 billion by 2025, growing at a compound annual growth rate of 14.3 percent between 2020 and 2025
- Psychedelic medicine involves the use of psychedelic substances such as psilocybin (the chemical in magic mushrooms), MDMA LSD, and ketamine to treat patients with mental health issues
- Psychedelic market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.3% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 6,859.95 million by 2027 from USD 2,077.90 million in 2019.
- Growing acceptance of psychedelic drugs for treating depression and increasing prevalence of depression and mental disorders are the factors for the market growth
- If you think investors made big money from cannabis stocks, you had better be ready for psychedelic medicine
- ThreeD Capital has made 3 investments in the sector and actively seeking other opportunities
In The Media
- We can no longer ignore the potential of psychedelic drugs to treat depression.
- Psychedelic medicines: Startups and innovators set the pace on trip to pharmaceutical mainstream.
We seek to invest in early stage, promising companies where we may be the lead investor and can additionally provide investors with advisory services, mentoring and access to our network in order to earn increases to our equity stake.
How We Monitor And Evaluate Our Portfolio
We take a very active role in our investees, ranging from board seats to advisory, mentoring and networking, which allows us to monitor and evaluate them on a very consistent basis. Each company has very clearly articulated goals and milestones they are expected to achieve. Their rate of success or failure at achieving these milestones plays a significant role in evaluating our continued involvement with them.
The Typical Length Of Each Investment
We anticipate an investment period in each new company between 2-5 years. However, given the rapid growth nature of our high tech, we acknowledge the fact that some may achieve liquidity events or successful exits much faster.
At each reporting date, the Company will update its investments disclosure to include the following investments:
- Investments in which we are subject to insider or early warning (s101) reporting requirements; or
- Investments in which one or more of the Company’s management and/or director(s) is a director of the investee; or
- Private investments in which we own greater than 10% of the investee.