Ceased Operations May15, 2009

Free

Excitable,

I have avoided responding to the past 5-6 posts, because I know it is assumed I regularly dip into the Kool-aid. However, your thoughtful and rather objective post has brought me back to the keyboard.

I re-read your post several times looking for the levity, hoping that your claim to having another investment allowing you to recoup your NPTC losses was not merely a facetious tweek. You are certianly to be congratulated, if not for your good fortune, then at least for your good humor... and certainly for marital sublimity.

It has been my observation that many (but certainly not all) of the investors that periodically return with acrimonious rants toward management have not yet taken some of the steps toward introspection that you obviously have forced yourself to endure.

It is far easier to rationalize a lifestyle replete with personal failings than to face the natural consequences of one's own, laziness, avarice, or dishonesty. I am no different in this respect than are others, and find that accepting responsibility for my own failings is far less comfortable than blaming others. (I will confess that my own enticement toward comfortableness stems from a preference for laziness and aversion to introspection and personal responsibility.)

I cannot read the venomous rantings without wondering what other personal failures are being justified by focusing blame for one's current condition on the management of a penny stock company. To what degree do one's own misappropriation of joint resources, betrayal of spousal trust, encumberance of excessive debt and accompanying feelings of guilt lie behind the anger? (This response is not intended as a denial of management's regular failures to meet projections, or seeming inability to curb its own rampant enthusiasm and vision. It is just curiosity about human behavior .... and one can only ask that question fairly, after a long look in the mirror.) I hope that this comment is no more than mildly sexist, but did you ever notice the fact that most posters here appear to be men?

Four years ago (has it already been 4 years!) I was faced with a decision. I either needed to accept the consequences of my own investment folly and cut my (significant) losses, or I needed to become extremely diligent in obtaining and assessing information about my investment and the environment in which it operates. The former would have been comfortable, the latter required serious commitment.

Since that time, I have learned far more than I ever intended to know about the immune system, human and animal diseases, the unpredictable and closed system that is the US poultry industry, bio-chemistry, animal feed and digestion, organic certification requirements, international trade restrictions, SEC regulations, and public company filings. I listened to lectures from an on-line medical school class in immunology, talked regularly with BIOAGRA's scientific and sales personnel, and talked to potential customers.

I have, in the process, also begun to appreciate the distinct similarities between Vyta Corp and my own daily business successes and setbacks. (I chose the word "setbacks" rather than "defeats" because one is not defeated until he gives up. Progression in business is not linear. My own business continues to grow and change in fits and starts. The only constant is my focus on the goal. There are challenges that seem like setbacks but adversity can be converted to opportunity. So much depends on vision, resourcefulness and endurance.

As a business owner, I regularly look at successes, but also at what is behind failed performance projections, missed deadlines, financial shortfalls and lost opportunities. I have, through my due diligence, also gained, what I believe, is a much better understanding of VYTA Corp and its successes and "setbacks", its great potential, and also management's array of strengths and weaknesses. (They ARE human, you know.)

I have grown from being a cheerleader to becoming a serious investor. That transition has required further commitment of my time and money. In exchange, I have gained an appreciation of what I perceive as the tremendous market opportunity before us. I have also seen, firsthand, the reasons for setbacks and disappointments, all of which, in my opinion, are attributable to market conditions and not to mismanagement. It has only been the strength of character and tenacity of management coupled with unwavering investor support that have allowed VYTA Corp to perservere through adversity.

This is a tough market. It is a lot tougher than any of us imagined. I believe that the promise that we would be able to immediately sell all the product we could produce was based on a combination of wishful thinking and willful deception by others. Management is inclined toward eager enthusiasm and a propensity to take information at face value. These can be strong qualities as well as weaknesses. Enthusiasm can take one through difficult and barren times when others would (and do) become despondent. Trust in the word of others is frequently more desirable than distrust and suspicion, despite the accompanying vulnerability to deception.

I have no desire to lead a cheer. However, I believe that we are making headway into this tough market, and that the trials we have in progress and those recently completed attest to the effectiveness of our product. I remain ever more confident in the ultimate success of this company, despite (and because of) the humaness of management, but also because of the critical market conditions and the effectiveness of our product in meeting an urgent need. I am looking for the coming months to bring further change and market penetration. However, I, too, have been accused of being optimistic, trusting and tenacious, (qualities I hope I wear as well as Paul Metzinger) so, a word to the wise is sufficient.

Hostile and critical posts need no reply from me, and bring no harm to my investment. Rather, they reveal just a glimpse of the writers and what lies beneath. In the mean time, the company continues to follow its written business plan and, despite intermittant delays, continues to make headway in a challenging market. I continue believe this is a worthy investment, and hold more shares than ever.

I wish you the very best, and thank you again for your thoughtful post,

-z

New Message
Please login to post a reply