Welcome to WebSafety, INC (WBSI). PAID SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE (PARENT APP) TO LAUNCH SOON

Click "edit fast facts" to make changes

Free

Patent Infringement

This topic comes up from time to time, with reference to WBSI filing suits for financial damages, royalties and the like, in an effort to license their IP being the end goal...you'd think anyway?

Consider some important info:

Patent # 8,380,176
Control # 12/506,045

USPTO Website to look it up:http://portal.uspto.gov/pair/PublicPair

The application date was 7-20-09, date of 1st publication, meaning the date it was available for public view was
2-11-10, patent issue date 1-30-13.

Dates on USPTO website:

Transaction History
Date Transaction Description
02-19-2013 Recordation of Patent Grant Mailed
01-31-2013 Email Notification
01-30-2013 Issue Notification Mailed
02-19-2013 Patent Issue Date Used in PTA Calculation

There were many software applications on the market, including many patents by others, who's IP rendered the smart phone incapable of texting, emailing, web surfing or talking above 10 MPH, prior to 1-30-13.

To say all these other companies are infringing just is not so.

Patent infringement has to be proven by specific claims of the invention. Each item/function is unique to itself, such as the sexting and bullying task specific part of the patent.

The mere fact that there are patents granted prior to WBSI's that do some but not all of what our patent performs, does not mean others have infringed, no more than WBSI's patent infringing on theirs.

IP litigation is a very complex field, costly to take on, unless a contingency deal can be struck. With the companies lack of financial resources, I don't see how this can be on the top of our CEO's to do list.

IMO, to buy this stock thinking the company will rake in big bucks filing suits, is not a good move.

Buying it because the patent is somewhat unique, and the stated goals of the company, is why I bought it.

If years down the road, and IMO I do mean years they get a windfall from IP litigation...great, but that's not why I am here.

New Message
Please login to post a reply