To ensure your continued participation on AGORACOM, please follow these 6 simple rules.
1. PROFANITY - Swearing or use of foul language is strictly prohibited… in any language (We have 42 interpreters on staff to keep an eye on those International members). For the record, ##$!#&% or any combination thereof is considered profanity.
2. DEROGATORY COMMENTS TOWARDS OTHERS - Calling another member an idiot, clown, stupid, dumb, moron or ##x%x# for brains is strictly prohibited.
3. OFF-TOPIC OR IRRELEVANT COMMENTS - Yep, nobody can believe what POTUS said today or the Dallas Cowboys keep crushing their fans (seriously though, it %*$#@ hurts). However, the main forums are not the place to discuss TV shows, politics or sports... O.K. maybe a little sports. Please use the Off-Topic Forums.
4. SPAMMING OR CLAIMS OF INSIDER INFORMATION - Enough said… unless your brother in-law really is Jeff Bezo’s chauffeur.
5. BASHING OR HYPING - Unsubstantiated claims of grandeur or impending doom are best left to Nostradamus as they will cost you some valuable points towards your rating. Also included in this category is repetition of the same question, fact or opinion over and over after a response has been provided or if there is currently no ascertainable answer.
6. Caps lock and use of !!!!!!! - NOTHING AND WE MEAN NOTHING IS MORE AGGRAVATING AND ANNOYING THAN READING A POST THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS!!!!!! IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, IT DOESN’T BECOME ANYMORE NOTICEABLE WHEN YOU TYPE IT IN CAPS!!!!! IN FACT, MOST PEOPLE TEND TO IGNORE THESE KINDS OF POSTS!!!!... Exceptions will be made for those deserted on a deserted island (with a kick ass internet connection) or anyone who invested in WorldCom, Enron, Tyco, Webvan or Pets.com and needs to freak out once every year.
We trust the gist of our point has been made. Be good to your fellow members, respect their opinions and understand there will be different levels of expertise posting on these boards. Otherwise, kiss our privacy statement goodbye as we hand out your address and phone number to everyone you piss off… Just Kidding ;-)
The AGORACOM Team