Aurelian Resources Was Stolen By Kinross and Management But Will Not Be Forgotten

The company whose shareholders were better than its management

Free

If we assume that FDN goes for $2 to $7 billion there are only going to be a handful of gold companies (Newmont, Barrick, Goldcorp, Anglogold, Kinross, Goldfields etc) that can swallow that big of an acquistion and then only with difficulty. For sure Barrick is going to be one of the contenders for ARU/FDN. I suspect that not many of us would prefer Barrick and if it did turn out that they buy ARU/FDN I would like my payment in cash vs shares. I agree with safeharbour and obviously you, that Barrick isn't the stock to hold if you want to be see some benefit from FDN.

I've been wondering for a while who else may be a perspective bidder. Does anyone know who was/is under confidentialy aggreements with them?

I've also been wondering whether the run up in gold is going to tweak a player like Teck, Rio Tinto, or CVRD (who are budgeting 59 Billion for 'investments' in 2008) to add a gold portfolio to their activities?

Anyone have any other thoughts as to who may be a possible suiter?

New Message
Please login to post a reply