Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Ambassodor

posted on Feb 01, 2008 02:44PM
My first post on this very useful board. FYI, appended is a recent email exchange with RM relating to the Canadian Ambassador. I thought it pertinent given recent postings. Perhaps he can help move things along ... Question: I notice that the Canadian ambassador, guy by the name of Calderwood, is in Venezuela making the rounds. Any chance he may be able to help you with your permitting issues? RM -- As a Canadian company, Crystallex has already enjoyed the support of the Canadian Government in Venezuela through Canada's Embassy to Venezuela. During the latter part of her term, Ambassador Wielgosz was extremely helpful with respect certain issues surrounding the permit to impact the environment. Canada is not an insignificant trading and investment partner with Venezuela. Ambassador Calderwood is very active as is the Government of Canada to assist whenever appropriate to further the interests of Canadian companies investing in Venezuela. I do understand we've recently had the opportunity to update the Ambassador and his staff at the Embassy. Regards, Richard Follow-up: Did Ambassador Wielgosz's have an opportunity to inquire into the permitting impasse since October, or has Crystallex been trying to resolve the matter since that time without the benefit of assistance from the Canadian government? RM -- Ambassador Wielgosz was the Canadian Ambassador to Venezuela mid 2006 thru mid 2007. Perry Calderwood was announced in mid 2007 as the replacement but was not given an opportunity to present his credentials to the Host country until the end of 2007. It seems Venezuelan officials were too busy and focused elsewhere (sounds similar to our situation). Richard
New Message
Please login to post a reply