Welcome to the Equinox Gold Hub On AGORACOM

Free
Message: Equinox Gold Temporarily Halts Mexican Mining Operations Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
2020-04-02 08:01:00 AM ET (MT Newswires)

08:01 AM EDT, 04/02/2020 (MT Newswires) -- Equinox Gold Corp. (EQX) said it will temporarily suspend mining activities at its Los Filos Mine in the Mexican state of Guerrero in compliance with a recent order by the Mexican government requiring the temporary suspension of all non-essential businesses until April 30.

The company said it will continue processing solution from the heap leach pads and expects that gold production will continue at a reduced level through the temporary suspension.

Equinox also has temporarily suspended operations at its Pilar Mine in Goias, Brazil, in compliance with state government restrictions. The mine will continue to be staffed by a reduced workforce. The company's RDM Mine in Minas Gerais is recommencing full operations after a previously announced short-term suspension of mining activities in compliance with a municipal restriction.

The company said its other producing mines continue to operate normally with COVID-19 safety and preventive measures in place, and that it is unable to determine the potential effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on fiscal 2020 guidance and will provide updates as practical.

Additionally, Equinox said it drew down the remaining $180 million from its $400 million revolving credit facility in March as a proactive measure given the uncertainty of the potential effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the company's operations. It said there are no current plans to deploy the funds and that it has approximately $300 million in cash and cash equivalents (unrestricted) as of March 31.

Price: 7.01, Change: +0.38, Percent Change: +5.73

New Message
Please login to post a reply