Falcon is a global energy company with projects in Hungary, Australia & South Africa

Developing large acreage positions of unconventional and conventional oil and gas resources

Free

BTB,

I'm still not following your line of thinking (or the european instos) so I took your advice and looked at the documents again. These are the parts of interest from the MDA...

• Gain (loss) on foreign exchange – the change was primarily attributable to foreign exchange rate movements on Canadian denominated cash accounts. The Canadian dollar strengthened relative to the US dollar throughout 2007, and remained relatively static until mid-2008; thereafter, the US dollar strengthened relative to the Canadian dollar. The Hungarian forint strengthened relative to the US dollar throughout 2007 and until mid-2008; thereafter, the US dollar strengthened relative to the Hungarian forint. Substantially all of the Company’s financings have been in Canadian dollars; commensurate with the strengthening of the US dollar, the Company has changed the composition of its cash balances to 86% in US dollars, 9% in Canadian dollars and 5% in Hungarian forints; a significant portion of the Company’s operations are in Hungarian forints.

and

Foreign currency
The United States dollar is our reporting currency in all of the Company’s areas of operations: Australia, Canada, Hungary, Romania and United States. The Australian dollar, the Canadian dollar, the Hungarian forint, the Romanian lei, and the United States dollar are the functional currencies. The Company attempts to manage its operations in such a manner as to reduce its exposure to foreign exchange losses.
However, there are many factors that affect foreign exchange rates and resulting exchange gains and losses, many of which are beyond the Company’s influence. It is not possible to predict the extent to which the Company may be affected by future changes in exchange rates.

So I ask again where is the 'gambling', what am I missing?

Please explain, or point specifcally to what I should be looking for in the documents that you based your 'gambling' comment on. You can PM if you would like, I'm not sure anyone else here cares.

Thanks in advance,

SD

New Message
Please login to post a reply