Welcome To The Galway Resources, HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Hi Primed,

I sent you this as a PM and you asked if I would post it. So, with a couple of changes, OK. This is speculation on my part - if some of you out there know more bits to the puzzle - do let us know.

Yeah, I read that about the IPO - I try to read most of Batista news that I can find. Sculpin and I have had a bit of back and forth about how much GWY Eike may already have - it doesn't show up in major percentiles owned (like VEN), but it is easy to "cloak" ownership - and if Eike ain't a pro at this, he sure has the bucks to buy the guys who are!

We have a pretty good idea that Eike and Rob H. are in fairly constant communication - so when VEN finally confirmed that they were drilling right next to the VEN/GWY border (which we knew about already) - it only takes a hop-skip-and a jump of the imagination to figure out why.

If VEN has a market cap of 1.1Billion - of which Batista owns 19% already...he's made in the shade. He's got friends who believe in his acumen that could make this new IPO company immediately oversubscribed...so call it 1.5, whether or not he digs into his own pockets. He likely will do very well on the buy-out (and we hope so too!) - and you can be sure that he will do fine with the new company...why not - it will be a monster!

I am quite sure the Hail-Mary that GWY chucked right up the center of their property must have put the cat amongst the pigeons at VEN HQ...now we are not only in the same operating room - we are sharing the same transfusion bag! So, SOMETHING has to happen.

I don't know whether you watched that Denver Gold Show clip with Steven Orr talking about VEN (you can find it on VEN SH board) - wow - severely understated, no pump, no hype (he was a quiet star!) - just here's what we are doing - and here's where we have got to so far (ie draw your own conclusions). Neat visuals too - particularly as he carefully explained that the gaps in the strike length were not gaps...but simply areas that hadn't been drilled yet. The other thing he mentioned was that, while most cores showed mineralisation at depth - that they had repeated problems with core retrieval at depth..so had capped drilling at 250 metres...even though they figure that there is more below. This makes the strips up the center even more important for GWY (and VEN) - because difficulty in VEN mining plans notwithstanding...the not-knowing (what's there) would drive any miner crazy...and we are, I think, lower in elevation at those points than they are, which may make a difference.

I have been wondering for some time about GWY's exit strategy - do they sell themselves as a unit (and find new jobs) - or do they split off the VEN-salient properties and keep going on the rest? They have a fair amount of very interesting real-estate...likely enough to keep them busy all their working lives (us too!). Kind of like VIT in that regard...so many targets...so little time! If they hive off California and related props, I sure hope they handle it better than BVG did!

I think that you are dead-right about the timing thing - The more they can prove California in the here and now would improve the SP and market-cap of the company in any event (meaning with whichever direction that they want to take GWY as a company). I think GWY should be FRANTICALLY doing all the drilling that it possibly can in the next six months...and releasing assays left right and center...as I think that Eike will have his piggy-bank in place in the next 6 to 10 months. Why do you think VEN has 10 (now 11) rigs? Because they KNOW the clock is ticking. Gold moves quicker than coal.

Realising that they have a multi-year monster with VEN + GWY (+ possibly GSL, altho' I reckon that whoever takes Greystar would want at least one or both of the first two to provide the cash-flow to offset the cost for the refractory processing unit (I reckon that eventually they will be allowed to mine into the Alpine area...it is simply too much tax-revenue and jobs) - It may well be that that Eike and NewCo shoot for the moon and simply acquire out the whole area.

BTW - for anyone interested, here is the link to VEN Denver Gold show talk:

It is about 22 mins...I was going to cut out half way through...but it was worth going through start to finish -Just copy and pop into address bar of your browser:

A great presentation. Will remove any questions you have.

http://www.gowebcasting.com/events/denver-gold-group/2010/09/20/ventana-gold-corp/play/stream/853

Anyway, didn't mean to take up so much of your time - even as speculation, I hope this helps you a bit. Should be an exciting ride - one always wishes that one had more bucks to back the hunch.

Cheers,
El D

New Message
Please login to post a reply