Massive Black Horse Chromite Discovery

Black Horse deposit has an Inferred Resource Now 85.9 Million Tonnes @ 34.5%

Free

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but I believe a road would be less cost-effective in view of the tonnage expected to move from the McFaulds area with several mines operating.

4,000 tons per day was one projected production level for the former FWR property alone, to supply a smelter. Now if we add to that at least one other chromite mine, producing to export lump ore to China - then some tonnage from NOT, probably a multi-metal concentrate.

If all of that goes by truck you are going to have an extremely busy road. With the distances involved each truck could not possibly do more than 1 load per day + empty return. Ok maybe running non-stop 24hrs with relays of drivers. What size of truck are they contemplating here - 50 tons? Bigger would need a very substantial road.

Such a road would have to run along the KWG staked route, as we have been told this is the only feasible semi-dry line, requiring less fill to get by the swamps.

Certainly winter roads can carry big tonnage at less cost, but do they intend to stockpile through the summer then?Or is the road temporary until production actully overloads the road?

Thoughts please

New Message
Please login to post a reply