Welcome To The Kimber Resources HUB On AGORACOM

Creating value through Exploration and Development in the Sierra Madre of Mexico

Free

I am sure there is a song by Ronan Keating that goes something like #You say it best, when you say nothin at all...#

There was a great interview this weekend on financial sense between Jim Puplava (chairman of the board) and Keith Barron (board member).

http://www.financialsense.com/financial-sense-newshour/2013/04/27/big-picture/new-gold-stock-paradigm

They don't mention Kimber by name, but you can bet Kimber is on their minds as they discuss junior mining. Everything they talk about relates very well to the Kimber situation.

Jim talked about the old model where junior companies prove up as many ounces in the ground as possible is over. Hmmm....I am pretty sure that was his bright idea back in 2006 when he overthrew the existing kimber baord and management. And it never quite worked out that kimber could prove up 3-5 million ounces.

But we are where we are now. All water under the bridge. We have a smaller deposit that is high grade, and Jim talks about these deposits being the way to go in future. Hmmm, I don't think we got into this situation by good management. But let's go with what we've got

Loved the discussion relating to just going into production without a pre-feasability or feasibility study. I think you are dead right Jim when you say the market just does not care for these studues, especially when they take years to complete. And Kimber management has already proved they are not great at getting these studies completed on time.

It would be simply brilliant if they could get Kimber into production within 12-18 months and bypass those studies. Monterde has more holes drilled in it than swiss cheese. We know the gold and silver is there. Lets just start getting it out of the ground, get some cashflow and use it to build an empire through mergers and acquisitions and pay us some dividends.

JP certainly has enough skin in the game and "financial sense" to organise this, especially with the help of keith barron. But I do wish the Kimber CEO had more skin in the game. A few token share purchases here and there is not good enough.

http://www.canadianinsider.com/node/7?menu_tickersearch=kbr

He should personally own millions of shares bought with his own money. Otherwise where is the passion and committment to make this thing work. I hope his performance (delays with resource estimate, woeful share price performance) and lack of financial committment will be addressed in any upcoming changes in the company.

But most of all, I look forward to seeing JP and KB putting this fast route to production in action.

Go Kimber!!!

New Message
Please login to post a reply