Welcome to the McFaulds Lake HUB on AGORACOM

Discuss the various junior resource companies within the McFaulds Lake Area

Free
AGORACOM NEWS FLASH

Dear Agoracom Family,

I want to thank all of you for your patience with us over the past 48 hours and apologize for what was admittedly a botched launch of our new site.

As you can see, we have reverted back to the previous version of the site while we address multiple forum functionality flaws that inexplicably made their way into the launch.

To this end:

1.We have identified 8 fundamental but easily fixable flaws that will be corrected in the coming week, so that you can continue to use the forums exactly as you've been accustomed to.

2.Additionally we will also be implementing a couple of design improvements to "tighten up" the look and feel of the forums.

Sincerely,

George et al

My two cents...

posted on Mar 07, 2008 05:25PM

I fully support and agree with Al's recent comments on the subject of FNC...

I know many of you have a lot respect for particular posters on this forum, but I suggest you be wary of people who profess to know everything and believe they are always right. The truth is, not one of us is always right, and we all make errors, or misperceive things.

Furthermore, it easy to understand why many of you will be dazzled and impressed by posters if they write things that present as though the writer is technically proficient, informed and knowledgeable if what is being written is well beyond the reader's knowledge on the subject matter (e.g. subjects regarding geology or geophysics). I would suggest to you be very careful what you believe or conclude if it goes beyond anything that seems logical or factual based on what you know - something that sounds correct in its technical proficiency may not be, if you do not know much or anyhthing about the subject matter. I intend no offense to anyonwe with this...

Although I am neither a geologist, nor a geophysicist, nor a mining engineer, and I have never pretended to be, I have worked on exploration projects in a operations/logistics mangement capacity in Africa and in Canada for many years, including a brief stint on a diamond drill crew in the Arctic. In addition, my father is a mining engineer, and I have learned a lot about mine engineering from him, and about mineral exploration and geology through osmosis from the geologists on the projects I have worked on, some of whom I remain in regular contact with. I also have close contact with the principals of an airborne geophysics company and learned a lot about this stuff when that company spent months flying a very large area of permits for a mining company that I was country Operations Manager for.

My point is to give you sufficent information to allow you to help you evaluate what I what I write, and also to make you aware that I have knowledge about some of the subjects discussed on these forums to know when someone is talking sh**t, when they may sound like authoratative experts to the uniformed - be careful what you believe and whose opinions you accept.

Arguably, if you do not know anything about a particular subject matter that is being discussed on these forums, you should not accept or believe anything that is written here, and rather refer to recognized, or legtimate experts outside of these forums.

Finally, the object of forums such as this is to allow for a collective body of knowledge, opinion, and expertise to be expressed and fostered. Together, we act as our own de facto quality control, while realizing that we all have our biases based on our experience, beliefs and opinions.

Regards,

B.

New Message
Please login to post a reply