HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Yeah, my conspiratorial (word?) mind believes that today's action was largely engineered. It was comparitively low volume day for most of the day, so I do not think a lot of institutional action was taking place, perhaps until the retailers' stops started kicking in a predicatble levels. The strategy was... Push down the SP on low volume, trigger the stops, and then collect some cheap shares while we wait for news.

I would never use a stop loss on a volatile stock like this, but if you must so you can sleep at night, set your stop loss price at something just below what everbody else is setting theirs at so that you do not get kicked out of a great stock for no good reason and have to pay commission and possible a higher price to get back in. Unless of course you like doing that. Let's not forget that a halt could happen at anytime and you could get caught out...

Anyway, for example, if you want to stop loss at $3.60, make it $3.54, or $3.57,  which is unlikley to be the stop price for everyone else setting stops. That way, when the price dips to $3.60, and a flurry of stops are triggered before the market collects those cheap shares and moves the price back up again, you are still in.

If you want my advice... DO SET STOP LOSSES on NOT, and DO NOT SELL!!

Regards,

B.  

New Message
Please login to post a reply