HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Any time an entity gets mentioned in a provincial budget document, it is huge. I have to say though, despite the fact I was encouraged by the name "Ring of Fire" appearing three times, I was disappointed that there were not more definitive actions and actual fiscal strategy included. Below is a paragraph from todays Globe about the Province of Quebec's budget and their mention of the Labrador Trough:

Quebec announced in its recent budget three measures that could help jump-start more mining in the trough. It said the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Canadian National Railway Co. are planning a feasibility study for a second rail line into the region. Hydro-Québec has also been asked to study extending the provincial transmission grid, which would benefit new producers. The province has also earmarked up to $1-billion for investments in new mining and petroleum projects. In addition, Ottawa has announced it will invest up to $55-million to fund construction of a deepwater dock at Sept- Îles, Que., that will be used for shipping ore.

That is the kind of language we need from the Ontario government.

New Message
Please login to post a reply