HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free
Message: What the Nickel Price means for the NPV of Eagle's Nest?

Good day to all.

So many of the astute Noront investors are keeping an eye on the Nickel price.

On that front things are going well, Very well.

So what does that mean exactly for Noront?

Before I share my thoughts, I will post the link below. Check out the chart on Page 9:

http://www.norontresources.com/pdf_uploads/Corporate-Presentation-Q2-2013-newtheme.pdf

This shows how the Net Present Value of Eagle's Nest changes based on the 3 factors shown in Red, Green and Blue.

Blue is the product cost, meaning the price of the minerals (Nickel, Copper, Platinum, Paladium). Nickel accounts for the large majority of the total mineral value of Eagle's Nest. I recall seeing a pie chart somewhere but I believe the Nickel accounts for over 2 thirds of the mineral value of Eagle's Nest.

According to Page 7 of the same presentation, the following commidity prices are assumed through the product time period of Eagle's Nest:

Nickel($/lb) $9.43

Copper($/lb) $3.60

PlaNnum($/oz) $1600.69

Palladium $599.24

So now I go back to my question. What the Nickel Price means for Eagle's Nest NPV?

From y calculations, based on the data laid out on Page 7 and 9, each 1% increase in the price of Nickel means a $10 million increase in the NPV of Eagle's Nest.

Note: If there is more Nickel (say our inferred resource of 8,966,000 tonnes) proves to be there, this means a much, much larger increase to the value of Eagle's Nest.

In addition, when Nickel gets to higher levels then Eagle Two become of value.

So with each increase in the price of Nickel our current Market Cap vs what Noront value grows more and more attractive, plus Noront's upside grows (Inferred resource and Eagle Two).

Those in the "know" must be watching this keenly.

Enjoy your day,

JDR

Canadian dollar dropping

During a few of Wes Hanson's previous presentations and the slideshows on the Noront website

New Message
Please login to post a reply