HIGH-GRADE NI-CU-PT-PD-ZN-CR-AU-V-TI DISCOVERIES IN THE "RING OF FIRE"

NI 43-101 Update (September 2012): 11.1 Mt @ 1.68% Ni, 0.87% Cu, 0.89 gpt Pt and 3.09 gpt Pd and 0.18 gpt Au (Proven & Probable Reserves) / 8.9 Mt @ 1.10% Ni, 1.14% Cu, 1.16 gpt Pt and 3.49 gpt Pd and 0.30 gpt Au (Inferred Resource)

Free

Hello Ed,

Yes, I am looking at the same map and the Alternate EW road has at least 3 gray branches. It is not clear if they are ice roads or permanent roads. However,

- The first one going SE to Eabametoong. This the shortest (cost: ~$2.5M). There is a need to keep the Chief there (can't recall the name) happy, since he has spoken... strong words, just like Chief Moonias.

- The second one going NW to a community that I don't have the name (cost: ~$6M).

- The 3rd one going SE to Marten Falls is the longest, could be some 40km as you have indicated (cost: ~$20M).

Depending on how the stakeholders want to line up the Marten Falls ice road, but it's along way up to the RoF from the Attawapiskat River. My guess is that the ice road Marten Falls want to build would line up roughly with the corridor shown in the map. Hence it would connect with the northern portion of the Alternate EW road (and the top part of the NS corridor).

Let's speculate a bit more. Suppose that Marten Falls has the permit to build an ice road leading to the RoF then it would be fine and dandy for NOT (and others who want to chip in for access). I can see an uninterrupted ice road corridor from the south to the RoF through Marten Falls for bringing in heavy equipment and material for starting the mine(s).

What about Eabamertoong communities (and the other one). They would not just sit iddle to let Marten Falls have the privilege and monopoly. They would want have access to the south and the RoF (for jobs) as well. So, we should hear more about ice roads soon?

The money involved is tiny (total so far: less than $30M), so it would not be a problem if the government want to get the (snow) ball rolling. They can even bankroll the permanent roads. $1B + $1B (contingent or not) = lots of money, LOL!

I believe the Alternate EW road is proposed as a permanent road, and the total cost from Hwy 808 to Marten Falls Jct is ~$60M and the rest to the RoF would cost $$40M (total ~100M, chump change). Perhaps, someone may want to verify id this is for a permanent road. If it were, then the cost of an ice road would be much less.

Cheers,

goldhunter

PS: What about the 4 FN groups, including Webequie, on the west side...stay iddle while the east side is busy building access roads? Just speculating folks.

New Message
Please login to post a reply