Welcome To The North American Gem HUB On AGORACOM

The Company's primary goal is to explore for Coal in North America, currently the focus is in Kentucky, Saskatchewan and West Virginia.

Free

NR: NAG will begin construction etc.

posted on Dec 08, 2009 01:05PM

December 8, 2009: North American Gem Inc. (NAG) (TSX-Vsymbol: NAG) will begin construction of road access to the determined drill locations on December 10th on the leases that will be mined under the North American Gem #3 Mine. The purpose of the drill program is to gain additional information on the Jellico and Blue Gem seams as well as provide a 43-101 compliant report on all of the coal seams known to exist on the leased property. Additional coal seams have been encountered through historical drilling of natural gas and oil wells. In particular one coal seam, below the Blue Gem seam, has been measured in thickness from 1.5-2 metres and is believed to be a low sulfur, high btu seam.

The drill program will provide the means to obtain a laboratory analysis which will determine the actual quality and characteristics of all coal seams known to exist on the leases that will be mined under North American Gem #3 Mine. The analysis of the data will also help NAG develop the most efficient mining plan for North American Gem Mining Permit #3.

In total, North American Gem Inc. has leased approximately 5,000 acres of coal reserves in Knox and Whitley Counties in Kentucky. NAG is actively developing a total of 7 leases for mining permits, the first of which, North American Gem #1 Mine is currently producing marketable coal.

All of North American Gem Inc.'s potential mining operations will incorporate sediment control methods that will keep ahead of the increased regulations and restrictions. Furthermore, in anticipation of increased regulations, NAG has, in all of its permitting applications, begun the sampling of receiving streams and groundwater wells utilizing the most stringent and extensive sampling parameters. This will allow NAG to comply with the regulatory requirements and will also result in a much shorter and smoother permitting application process.

Mr. Dean Schafer is acting as operations manager of all the Company's Kentucky coal leases and is currently implementing an overall mine plan.

Robert Taylor, PEng, a qualified person under National Instrument 43-101, has approved the technical content of this newsrelease and will oversee the agreement with Durabo Drilling of Corbin, Kentucky for the drilling of the leases known as the North American Gem Mining Permit #3.

North American Gem Inc. (TSX-V symbol: NAG) is a Junior Exploration Company based in Western Canada. The Company's primary goal is to explore for Coal in North America, currently the focus is in Kentucky, Saskatchewan, and West Virginia. In addition to Coal exploration, the Company also has interests in Uranium, Copper, Gold, Molybdenum and other base metals in Canada.

On Behalf of the Board of Directors
NORTH AMERICAN GEM INC.
"Charles Desjardins"

Charles Desjardins

New Message
Please login to post a reply