Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

Dear Agoracom Friends,

It was not my intention to break my Christmas vow of taking a rest from posting on Agoracom, but them the festivities are largely over and my ‘family Christmas’ now boils down to running my car-less London based twenty-six year old bachelor son around the snowy wastes of North Wales to attend the parties with ‘lots of fit girls’ and pub-lockins that are the main feature of his ‘Christmas at home with the old folks’ holiday. So I feel I can post with a clear conscience.

What has inspired this uncharacteristic action is the juxtaposition of two recent posts here. One by Harry E the other by the amazing Eileen Teahon.

The arch FJ bater, Aves. was always very critical and occasionally rude about my upbeat postings here. Though I feel he was quite justified in his criticism of my too optimistic approach, he never could see that they were intended to be largely a counter to spells of extreme negativity on the board, when I felt a rousing ‘hussar’ was required.

I was similarly inspired to counter the bleak world that HarryE inhabits as regard his projection of the ‘niche’ world that he expects POET to inhabit and his prediction that it will be five to seven years before POET based products will emerge, but my Christmas vow intervened and despite a few weak false starts in response, I was rather beaten to the post by Eileen’s minutes of the POET club meeting at her company.

Eileen’s minutes of her POET Club meeting give an upbeat view by a combination of well qualified people who are current in the IT world and in the know. I have never been aware of HarryE claiming to have similar qualifications but fair enough, we all feel entitled to have an opinion. For me Eileen’s POET group are far more likely to be better indicators of where POET is heading than HarryE who has not substantiated his glum view with evidence.

There is another way for all of us to end one year and start the beginning of another with a more educated view. For me one of the most notable advances made by the Company this year has been the quality of the briefing materiel on its web site. At the risk of repeating myself, I complained some time ago to Mr Chu, earlier in the year, that the materiel previously provided by the company was poor; not so now as it really has been vastly improved. For anyone like me who does not accept the bleak picture HarryE paints, the evidence against his view is set out in the Corporate Overview.

http://www.poet-technologies.com/docs/POET-Technologies-Corporate-Overview.pdf

The six pages set out every reason why this technology has the capacity to achieve the paradigm shift we all envisage it will.

Given the vision of Adjt Monacha and sound financial work of Peter Coppetti, the impetus of a new CEO (of note); the management team together with the synergy of the agreements with Synopsis and ‘a third party foundry, coupled with the Genius of Dr Taylor, has a proven ability to drive this project forward, this action is backed up by the company’s good record of achievements to date.

Surely, AM’s vision of FAB2 is being built into this project and FAB2’s aims are to get products to market quicker. There is clearly a post CMOS vacuum building that needs to be filled and a demand for products to serve verticals that is ever increasing, with the interned of things, potential growth of Mobile Technology and Cloud Computing, time is of an essence and POET is set. As I am sure we are about to hear in the early part of 2015.

I am sorry HarryE but I think there is evidence available to show your views are just plain wrong.

with rergards,

sulasailor

New Message
Please login to post a reply