Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

I will try to keep this brief. I have just got home from San Francisco and the AGM in San Jose. As a new investor from last year - it was a pleasure meeting some of the fellow members of this board. I was in attendance with my partner. This was my fist AGM and plan to go again next year - we will be doing the wine expedition however.

I haven't had a chance to read all the postings from fellow attendees so some of my thoughts may be duplicates or triplicates.

It was a very professional meeting. Well organized by the POET folks. The questions asked were answered to the best of their ability. Our new CEO and COO were very professional and most definitely appear to know what to do in taking POET to the next level. Our CEO understands that POET was somewhat lagging in the development stage but that we are not that far behind and as Ajit said - there will not be a honeymoon. Some here have indicated dissappointment in that POET did not get a "major name for CEO". But I do agree with those that attended, that they did get the best team assembled possible. Peter was the money man and did what was needed, but this team that is assembled will make POET a force to be recognized. The CEO and COO understand the disruptive nature of what POET has to offer. They compliment each other in bringing experience that is needed for POET, as well they can (as was mentioned in some posts) speak with Ajit and Geoff on their terms.

I do beleive from what I heard at the AGM that we will be hearing of some of the milestones by the end of this month, as Peter seemed adiment about stating that there will be NR soon but that will be in the hands of the new CEO and COO. Perhaps some of the folks there can chime in here if they got the same impression. He also did not over step his bounds by answering questions about POET's path moving forward. He left that to the new team. One thing about Peter that was brought to my attention from my partner. She is Italian and family is very important to her. Being new to all this POET stuff - she said to me that Peter was a man that can be trusted because at this AGM he gave thanks to his wife and family for their support.

My sense is that POET will move forward, but that this team will be methodical and win the the race, slow and steady. Does this mean that POET is a home run? Most definitely not, because there are many players out there that will resist POET. All we have to do is look at the Beta/VHS war.The risk is still there but in my opinion has been reduced significantly with this team.

I got into this with a 2 year plan ( 10 months left ) but after my partner and I discussed the AGM - she did say that I will have to add a couple more years to the plan. I know that many here have been invested longer then I have so continued patience is required. We should all have a look at the ARM stock chart.

BTW - the questions that were not answered, but with a no comment - my gut feeling is that the no comment answered those questions - if you know what I mean.

We did drive to Santa Cruz from San Jose then along the coast to San Francisco - awesome drive ( any motorcycle folks out there - you would love this run). Stopped in at Barbara's Fishtrap in Halfmoon Bay. Great place. Dipped our feet in the Pacific Ocean. But for me the highlight of the trip (other then the AGM), was walking across the Golden Gate Bridge! Hope to see some of you there next year - then its off to the wine country.

New Message
Please login to post a reply