Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

"I think will move this company very quickly into a ramp up of production with existing products and future products."

Move this company maybe, but likely will not do much to the share price. The damage done to this management team's reputation and complete destruction of shareholder loyalty and trust is irreparable.

Here is why we will have trouble recovering regardless of what this money is used for.

If this stock recovers to somewhere in the 60-80 cent range (I hope), there will be a large number of those shareholders who lost faith and trust in managements decision making who will begin to sell off good portions of their position to reduce risk and exposure knowing what happened this week. They will be the shareholders who are happy to have recovered a good portion of their investment and may keep a portion to see where this ends up.

Now at the same time you have the new shareholders from the PO with 30+ million shares in total selling into the open market (thanks Suresh). Ohh, and if the stock manages to recover somewhat to summer prices (that were already very depressing), we will have an endless amount of warrants to get through yet again. This time multiples more then previous years! Thats reality regardless what they plan on doing with the money.

So who cares if they ramp up production on the Denselight product side. The revenues will still be miniscule compared to the current market cap and will not be enough for the SP to burn through the new paper entering the market. I am not even here for Denselight yet it is impacting our investment very negatively so far. I still think it was a huge mistake and management is no longer focused as much as they should be on POET. This is evident in their recent presentations. The acquisition of Denselight has also led to this horrific PO, otherwise the money was not needed now. The damage caused by this PO and how it was handled will take a miracle to get us back to a 2014 SP range. Hopefully some US analyst coverage will help, but I'm no longer holding my breath.

As a side observation, I don't think Suresh and Co. realize what expectations the investor base put on the company over the last few years. A lot of that is a consequence of expectations set by this board unfortunately over the years. They don't care what we've previously gone through, what we've all expected by this time in the year 2016, and this is also causing a lot of disappointment (based on the selling since the THM) when at the same time they probably feel we should all be excited by the progress they have made. They don't realize that talking about 2018 and possibilities in 2021 are frightening for this fatigued shareholder base.

New Message
Please login to post a reply