Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

poetry_n_ pain: ".to hit $2 is nothing to be happy about"

Most definitely it is not time to break out the Champagne.  On the other hand,pnp, it is better than a sharp stick in the eye.  It certainly is better than those days, very recently... too recently, when the NASDAQ share price for POET was sub $1.00 USD day after day.  I will take a gift horse anyday as long as that horse is still vertical on all of its 4 feet.

I won't be celebrating until and unless the USD NASDAQ share price exceeds $20 a share, but I will take $1.40 a share over 90 cents a share any day of the year.  There are those here on this message board who remain super optimistic and those who are clinically depressed, with every emotion to be found in between those extremes.  $1.40 USD when the 1:10 Reverse Split is taken into account still comes out to only 14 cents a share.  I don't remember, myself, paying as little as 14 cents a share.  It has been a decade and a half and my memory certainly has declined in proportion to the share price since I bought my first shares in the pre POET days of Dr. Taylor and his lab at the University of Connecticut, but even if I did manage to secure some early shares in that sub 14 cent a share range then "so what"!  An investment of this many years is still a bad investment if there isn't some significant profit to be made.  I didn't and you didn't, or for that matter no one here did, invest in this company with the idea of they just wanted to get their investment back.  We all did it, save the "shorts", for the purpose of making a profit.  

My level of depression has receded somewhat as the share price has anemically risen, but I am light years (pun intended) away from being ecstatic about the present share price.  So, what are my choices and what are your choices?

Same as with any other stock at any other time or any other market condition:  Sell, Buy or Hide and Watch.

Whether I can justify my decision or not I choose to Hide and Watch.  A decision admittedly made easier by some of the information I learn here from the "Home Team" about at least the possibilities of new contracts with major players in the field and their optimism for the day when ROI becomes reality vs apple pie in the sky.

Thanks for the contributions of all members of this message board, whether you are currently in good standing with the majority of members here or whether you are currently in the "Leper Colony" of De Nile.  Pessimists and Optmimists all have a potential for gain, for ROI.  Depressed or ecstatic or just plain "hoping for the best", we share much in common at the end of the day.

Good luck and good fortune to all.

$20 USD would be nice, Steak and Champagne on that day

Onward through the FOG!

Okiedo 

New Message
Please login to post a reply