Aiming to become the global leader in chip-scale photonic solutions by deploying Optical Interposer technology to enable the seamless integration of electronics and photonics for a broad range of vertical market applications

Free

This is in off topic out of respect for those who were concerned with cluttering the board with a poll question, with my final comments and the unsurprising results. 

The question was, 

"How would you view your current or future investment in POET if management announced that it planned changes in the structure of its executive team and Board of Directors?"

Those that provided a response all stated “better”. 

Why might it matter?

Normally any suggestion of executive management restructuring is met with fear that such measures could negatively impact the investment, therefore maintaining the status quo, even if might be viewed negatively, is often preferable to any change. So it is arguable that shareholders may be reaching a tipping point where the fear of change is outweighed by concerns for the state of their investment, and that management might be viewed more favorably if they do decide to enact change. The success of the current offering will no doubt have a large role in determining that. 

Goosed2 suggested I was toxic to management based on my past interactions, specifically the August letter. What may have been toxic was the truth, and I think those that signed on to the letter will gladly wear that badge on behalf of shareholders. It clearly forewarned of exactly what has taken place, the clumsy closing and reopening offerings without any substantive news, and disastrous decline in share price. 

The letter is worth a re-read here considering all that has transpired since then. 

https://agoracom.com/ir/POETTechnologies/forums/discussion/topics/793208-letter-to-company/messages/2391287#message

If management and the Board of Directors  had taken this to heart, instead of trying to discredit it, and opened this current version of an offering in September, our share price might look quite different today. 

Thanks to those who participated. 

Have a safe and Happy New Year. 

New Message
Please login to post a reply