TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE

Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.

Free

My style... Hmmm. lol

I am a bit of a mix. I hold several Jrs which I try not to get too hung up on the ups and downs. I figure they are potential 10 baggers over a couple years or so. KXL I have bigger quicker hopes but... Like to have a few big names like Royal Bank and Encana in my PF. Also have a couple thinly traded retails which don't gyrate withthe market so much.

I try keep a portion of my account investied in the IBD/Successful Investor style, and that has done the best for me, though I need to be more disciplined. I hate taking early losses or early gains but sometimes that is the best. I also like to be in the market, and they suggest being out or nearly so many times, like now. I would be further ahead if I listened! I have looked to pick up a few downtrodden names that I think have long term potential, results have been mixed.

I started this ride on KXL at an ave cost of .83, added on the way up and near even. Losing $250,000 would be most of my PF, and being a farmer with no pension etc would be unacceptable. Hence I use stop losses on many positions which help make the decisions a bit more clinical.

Must say that the whole market mood is a bit unsettling. There is talk of a 30's style depression which seems hard to fathom. If anything this drastic came to pass, I don't think drill results etc would help SP. I am comforted by the fact that recoveries begin when the news is the worst.

re your being too early. I like the advice to wait until the market confirms your hunch. I too need to be more patient. As well, I like this forum. I don't like when people misrepresent the facts tho, and I like to see people preseent the bear side, if nothing else it keeps our eyes open.

New Message
Please login to post a reply